Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all!

I just got to the UK a few days ago and have started the process to get married with the register office. My visa is valid until February and we are planning on getting married in September. However, my fiance's brother and his girlfriend decided to get married this month. Trick is, the wedding is in Moscow (his fiance happens to be Russian), so I will have to leave the country again and re-enter before I get married if I am to go to their wedding.

I know my visa allows for multiple re-entries, but am I allowed to go so soon after I entered the country, and before getting married? Should I perhaps bring the proof from out register office meeting next week to prove that we've started the process to get married? I do expect questions when I re-enter, but I just want to make sure that this is alright before I leave the country.

Thanks for the advice!

·
Registered
39,105 Posts
Yes, you are allowed to travel before your wedding, but it would be a good idea to carry with you evidence of your forthcoming marriage, such as any document given to you by registrar. You may also need a visa for Russia, depending on your nationality, which can be rather time-consuming and expensive.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Yes, you are allowed to travel before your wedding, but it would be a good idea to carry with you evidence of your forthcoming marriage, such as any document given to you by registrar. You may also need a visa for Russia, depending on your nationality, which can be rather time-consuming and expensive.
Thank you, Joppa!

We are having the meeting to register our marriage next week, the day before we plan to leave, so perhaps at the meeting I can have the official write a letter stating that we have declared our marriage/met with them about our marriage? I assume there's going to be some evidence of the meeting given to us, which I plan to bring, but maybe a letter will help as well. Either way, I'll just ask and see what the registrar can provide.

The Russian visa is no worry and I am applying for it and going to the Embassy tomorrow to get it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.