Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,

I hope you're all well. Just wondering if I could seek your advice again ...

I'm due to apply for the second period of FLR-M shortly. My visa expires 18 January so I plan to try to book a PEO appointment for around 23 December. My current issue is that I have been offered a new job at my work that involves A LOT of travel. Whilst this won't be an issue for my FLR-M application, I expect it might be when I come to apply for ILR.

I know that applicants must have spent the majority of the previous 2.5 year in the UK, but are any allowances made for those who travel for work? All my correspondence would still be sent to my home address. I'm not sure how much travel is involved yet, but it will be quite a lot i.e. 6 weeks away, back home for one week, another 8 weeks away. I would be staying in hotels whilst abroad so it's not as though they could legitimately say that I would have a second residence or anything.

I would really appreciate any advice that people could offer on this. If I were to take this job and start looking for something else after, say, 12 months, then the next 1.5 years were spent solely in the UK, would this be better?

Many thanks in advance for any advice.

·
Registered
675 Posts
Hi everyone,

I hope you're all well. Just wondering if I could seek your advice again ...

I'm due to apply for the second period of FLR-M shortly. My visa expires 18 January so I plan to try to book a PEO appointment for around 23 December. My current issue is that I have been offered a new job at my work that involves A LOT of travel. Whilst this won't be an issue for my FLR-M application, I expect it might be when I come to apply for ILR.

I know that applicants must have spent the majority of the previous 2.5 year in the UK, but are any allowances made for those who travel for work? All my correspondence would still be sent to my home address. I'm not sure how much travel is involved yet, but it will be quite a lot i.e. 6 weeks away, back home for one week, another 8 weeks away. I would be staying in hotels whilst abroad so it's not as though they could legitimately say that I would have a second residence or anything.

I would really appreciate any advice that people could offer on this. If I were to take this job and start looking for something else after, say, 12 months, then the next 1.5 years were spent solely in the UK, would this be better?

Many thanks in advance for any advice.
While I cannot tell you whether you will get Indefinite Leave to Remain after prolong absences from the UK. In nationality cases, the Home Office does appear to allow some discretion on absences from the UK (see page 10) -

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploa...procedures_levels_of_decision_making_v3_0.pdf

·
Registered
39,104 Posts
They take a sympathetic view of people who have to travel as part of their job. So keep/obtain documentary evidence of your travels and postings, and keep boarding cards and e-ticket receipts for your journeys.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.