Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Apologies for posting twice today but I need to get back to my employer on the details.

After receiving approval we would be arriving in the UK in early April to collect my wife's visa.

After about four to six weeks we would like to go back to Africa until the first week in August (around 10 to 12 weeks). In August I am planning to give notice to my present employer and start a new job in mid September. would this travel be a problem for us later? It would essentially be work related.

·
Registered
39,103 Posts
Not normally, unless your absence amounts to more than half the time allowed, i.e. 15 months. Just get a letter from your employer explaining the nature of your absence from UK.

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Not normally, unless your absence amounts to more than half the time allowed, i.e. 15 months. Just get a letter from your employer explaining the nature of your absence from UK.
Just a quick question on this. Although, the travel I have described is not significant, it is very soon after first entry as well as being for an extended period of around three months. Will this raise eyebrows at passport control?

I am also planning to change jobs very soon after we return from that trip and so might that add to concerns when we re-apply later.

·
Registered
39,103 Posts
Provided you are still married and have evidence of your work obligations, that shouldn't be an issue, and the only time this question may be raised is when you come to renew your leave.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.