Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello!

I am an American and my husband is French. We previously lived in Spain where I have a 5 year residence card that is valid for four more years. We moved to the UK recently and I have applied for a residence card and completed my biometrics appointment. I am currently waiting on my COA.
After I receive my COA I was hoping to travel to France to visit my in-laws for a few weeks. I am wondering if I will have any problems re-entering the UK as I would not be with my husband (he could meet me at the airport). I would have my passport, my COA and my Spanish residency card. I do not have a family permit as I am a non-visa passport holder and have EU residency.
Does anyone have any insight or experience with this?
Also, is it normal to receive your biometrics letter before your COA?

Thanks!

·
Registered
39,103 Posts
You will need to request EEA Dependant stamp, which has replaced Code 1A. COA isn't a travel document. You will be in the same position as arriving without EEA family permit, so you need to obtain limited leave to enter for 6 months which EEA Dependant stamp is. You will probably be ok, though there will be a delay at the border as they consult and get an approval from their supervisor. You should carry in addition evidence that your husband is exercising treaty rights in UK, such as work contract, recent payslip etc. You may be told your Spanish residence card is no longer valid.

Yes, COA and biometrics request are unrelated.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.