Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know if as a US citizen with a temp residence card can travel to Ireland without my EU spouse (not for reunification)? I was able to go to the UK last year with my US passport, but I don't know if Ireland is different and/or if Ireland will expect me to prove I haven't "come back" too soon as far as my passport stamp goes.

Thanks!

·
Administrator
49,091 Posts
I'd bring both my passport and my residence card - but as a US citizen, you should be fine to travel on your own. The restriction for the UK is six months, and I believe it may be the same for Ireland (but if not, it's at least 90 days in the last 180). Shouldn't pose a problem unless your stay in the UK was a prolonged one (say, close to six months).
Cheers,
Bev

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, Bev. :)
My stay in the UK was short but they never stamped me on my way out (didn't think to ask) so I have my return boarding pass stuffed in my passport. Anyway, sounds like it won't be a problem.

I'd bring both my passport and my residence card - but as a US citizen, you should be fine to travel on your own. The restriction for the UK is six months, and I believe it may be the same for Ireland (but if not, it's at least 90 days in the last 180). Shouldn't pose a problem unless your stay in the UK was a prolonged one (say, close to six months).
Cheers,
Bev

1 - 3 of 3 Posts