Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Experts

I have lodged 189 visa on 23 march ans still waiting for Grant like many of you ( detailed timelines in my signature)

While the wait goes on , my employer is asking me to travel to Aus on 457 Visa . I have read in other forums posts that lodging 457 visa can land into trouble as the latest visa will overwrite the previous one

SO I had to disclose my plans of 189 visa to my employer and told cant go with 457 visa at this stage. They will be ok for me to travel on 189 visa whenever it comes but still 189 is not yet granted

But the need to travel to Aus is urgent so they have asked me to check for option of traveling on business visitor visa while 189 decision is still awaited.
It can be around 45 days trip doing some business related meetings with client .

My concern is '

- what category of VISA I can apply without impacting 189 ?
- Has any one done this before that travelling on business visit visa while 189 is in progress
- Will there be any impact on my 189 visa
- What do I need to inform to my CO for this
- If i Travel there on visit visa and get my 189 while being there , do I have to come back and again go to validate 189

Thanks

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Please help

Experts , please help me on this

·
Registered
23,906 Posts
Hi Experts

I have lodged 189 visa on 23 march ans still waiting for Grant like many of you ( detailed timelines in my signature)

While the wait goes on , my employer is asking me to travel to Aus on 457 Visa . I have read in other forums posts that lodging 457 visa can land into trouble as the latest visa will overwrite the previous one

SO I had to disclose my plans of 189 visa to my employer and told cant go with 457 visa at this stage. They will be ok for me to travel on 189 visa whenever it comes but still 189 is not yet granted

But the need to travel to Aus is urgent so they have asked me to check for option of traveling on business visitor visa while 189 decision is still awaited.
It can be around 45 days trip doing some business related meetings with client .

My concern is '

- what category of VISA I can apply without impacting 189 ?
- Has any one done this before that travelling on business visit visa while 189 is in progress
- Will there be any impact on my 189 visa
- What do I need to inform to my CO for this
- If i Travel there on visit visa and get my 189 while being there , do I have to come back and again go to validate 189

Thanks
This is the 2nd time that you are posting the question

I distinctly remember having replied earlier

As long as you have seen the reply, it's ok

I am sure the other members will help you out
Cheers

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
This is the 2nd time that you are posting the question

I distinctly remember having replied earlier

As long as you have seen the reply, it's ok

I am sure the other members will help you out
Cheers
Thanks , I think your reply got missed from me in different thread in heaps of other posts.

Do I have any idea on any business visa for Aus for short duration ( 45 days-60 days)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts