Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

741 - 760 of 775 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Is there any one who had recently arrived and quarantined in other state and move to South Australia.

As per the Cross border travel form of SA, it is required to Fill the form before one week attaching quarantine completed certification. In that case , does a person required to finish quarantine in other state and submit the form after the quarantine ends. Can't he travel until 7 days after the quarantine. This is bit confusing. If any one had experience, please share.

Do we need the approval from SA or else submitting the form is enough
I doubt you will get an answer here, ask this question on one of the FB groups related to Australians in Hotel Quarantine as there may be people who have faced the same situation.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Thanks. Called SA covid Line. They told it is ok to apply on the same date any person want to travel. So lodging cross border form on same date will be enough with quarantined completed certificate. No need to lodge before a week.

·
Registered
6 Posts
For anyone who is concerned about IED dates for first time entrants for 190/189 PR holders.

I flew in ( HK -> Singapore Transit -> Melbourne) last week into Melbourne hotel quarantine. My IED was well expired (Nov 2020), and nobody cared or even asked about it in the airport. Only piece of paper they wanted to see was the passport, and the covid test result (only at the starting check in counter at HK), and the Australian travel declaration filled online 72 hrs before starting the journey. Quarantine process at Melbourne seems well organized, but there is some luck factor as to what hotel you get. Fellow travelers, good luck!

·
Registered
107 Posts
i want to know how can i book air India ticket from delhi to Australia? they have released scheduled dates for may 2021, but while visiting air India website and trying to book on date when flight is supposed to be available, i find "no flights" on their website. I even messaged them on twitter but no response and customer care , not able to connect. One agent approached me on website and demanded 50k extra along with flight cost for confirmed ticket. Don t know if i could trust these agents. please help if anyone knows?

·
Registered
127 Posts
i want to know how can i book air India ticket from delhi to Australia? they have released scheduled dates for may 2021, but while visiting air India website and trying to book on date when flight is supposed to be available, i find "no flights" on their website. I even messaged them on twitter but no response and customer care , not able to connect. One agent approached me on website and demanded 50k extra along with flight cost for confirmed ticket. Don t know if i could trust these agents. please help if anyone knows?
hi, even i am looking for flights from India to Australia. When I contacted the AI customer care, they mentioned that there are no flights at all to Aus from AI. May i know where did u find the schedule.? and how much is the ticket cost.?

·
Registered
107 Posts
These link might help you, please bookmark it. These are called as vande bharat mission(vbm) flight schedules for only citizens and PR holders

1)Click on the below link:
2)There will be mentioned this "EVACUATION FLIGHT SCHEDULE : KNOW MORE". Click on the "KNOW MORE" ; a hyperlink.
3)A pdf will open, search delhi to Sydney flights in that pdf

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hi , I am searching for flight tickets for my wife and daughter from chennai to Sydney and could see options with qatar airways (in july) and i also cross verified with the sydney flight arrival history and could see qatar airways is always flying to sydney. Did anyone try this option? Are these getting cancelled in the last minute? anyone has any experience. Thanks a lot !

·
Registered
8 Posts
For anyone who is concerned about IED dates for first time entrants for 190/189 PR holders.

I flew in ( HK -> Singapore Transit -> Melbourne) last week into Melbourne hotel quarantine. My IED was well expired (Nov 2020), and nobody cared or even asked about it in the airport. Only piece of paper they wanted to see was the passport, and the covid test result (only at the starting check in counter at HK), and the Australian travel declaration filled online 72 hrs before starting the journey. Quarantine process at Melbourne seems well organized, but there is some luck factor as to what hotel you get. Fellow travelers, good luck!
The Initial Entry Date is a visa condition not an activation date. Not arriving before that time is a condition breach that makes your visa liable for cancellation, but is not in itself an automatic cancellation - DHA can cancel your visa for not complying with it, but unless and until they do it is still valid. It is advisable to let them know if you are unable to arrive before that date and check that your visa has not already been cancelled though!

·
Registered
127 Posts
These link might help you, please bookmark it. These are called as vande bharat mission(vbm) flight schedules for only citizens and PR holders

1)Click on the below link:
2)There will be mentioned this "EVACUATION FLIGHT SCHEDULE : KNOW MORE". Click on the "KNOW MORE" ; a hyperlink.
3)A pdf will open, search delhi to Sydney flights in that pdf
thanks for the answer. but this is old schedule which is prepared before the further travel restrictions and now no flights from AirIndia flying from India to Aus.. u can also check flight status info.. however people booking flights from middle east.. like via Doha or Dubai..

·
Registered
97 Posts
How legit are these flights which are available on Qatar's website from Delhi to Sydney (Transit through Doha) ? Can we book them and be sure of travel or can they be cancelled last minute. As a lot of countries (currently) have banned flights from India.
Any suggestions weather to book around June end or not would be much appreciated.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hello,
I have a confirmed Singapore airline ticket to Sydney in August. I have already made the entry in AU earlier and now planning for the permanent move. Are there any approvals which I need to secure before my flight other than the covid pcr test?
Can some one shed any light in this please?
Thanks
Jo

·
Registered
127 Posts
Hello,
I have a confirmed Singapore airline ticket to Sydney in August. I have already made the entry in AU earlier and now planning for the permanent move. Are there any approvals which I need to secure before my flight other than the covid pcr test?
Can some one shed any light in this please?
Thanks
Jo
if you are PR, you don't need anything. just do test and fly out and submit self declaration before 72hrs of flight. that's it.

·
Registered
127 Posts
How legit are these flights which are available on Qatar's website from Delhi to Sydney (Transit through Doha) ? Can we book them and be sure of travel or can they be cancelled last minute. As a lot of countries (currently) have banned flights from India.
Any suggestions weather to book around June end or not would be much appreciated.
do u able to see these flights.? i am not able to see any single flight in this route. could u plz share link/site where u r seeing this flight info. check facebook groups, where people confirming their fly through qatar airways(Doha route).

·
Registered
11 Posts
do u able to see these flights.? i am not able to see any single flight in this route. could u plz share link/site where u r seeing this flight info. check facebook groups, where people confirming their fly through qatar airways(Doha route).
Check for June or July you can see tickets available on Qatar Airlines website itself.https://booking.qatarairways.com/

·
Registered
11 Posts
I am not sure. I am planning for my family during end of july. Hopefully they dont cancel

·
Registered
10 Posts
I am planning to go in first or second week of July to Sydney from India. There are many flight options available online but I am not sure to book in advance in current scenario or not.
In my understanding, It is advisable to book 15-20 days in advance only.
Please share your experience and thoughts.

741 - 760 of 775 Posts