Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

721 - 740 of 775 Posts

·
Registered
1,462 Posts
2. I am vaccinated in USA. Does that bring in any advantage over quarantine ?
No advantage

3. On an average how much should I set aside for two weeks of quarantine expenditure and food. Should the 100% be borne by us or is there any portion that the states will bear ?

Please advise at the earliest
State will bear nothing and you need to foot the total bill (which includes food BTW). If you prefer to buy your own food, then that is an added expense.

·
Registered
8 Posts
1) No. You can come anytime before 28 May 2024 and live here for 2 years to satisfy RRV application. Please note that your PR doesn't expire after 28 May 2024, but you travel rights do.
2) Job market seems okay now and I've known folks getting many interview calls in IT / Telecom, especially in Sydney. However, how will it be in 3 months time is anyone's guess.
Thank you. Is there any thread / guide specific for job hunting in Australia?

·
Registered
1,462 Posts
Thank you. Is there any thread / guide specific for job hunting in Australia?
Have you done a forum search? If you do, many threads to appear which have really good points.

I've done a quick search and this is what I found

·
Registered
127 Posts
Hi all,

Is there any conditions for first time entry to Australia for new PR.
1) Do we need to apply for travel exemption.?
2) Are there flights from India to Australia now.?
3) What other things i need to take care of.

Thanks.
Regards,
Ksvr

·
Registered
10 Posts
I got PR visa grant letter in mail from DHA. I am also able to see grant letter in my immi account.
Is there any further process to do?

I understood, Next step is book flight tickets & complete Covid-19 procedure to reach Australia. Correct?

·
Registered
1,462 Posts
Hi all,

Is there any conditions for first time entry to Australia for new PR.
1) Do we need to apply for travel exemption.?
2) Are there flights from India to Australia now.?
3) What other things i need to take care of.

Thanks.
Regards,
Ksvr
I cannot answer question (2), but there is nothing you need to do and as a PR holder you don't need to apply for travel exemption.

However, do keep an eye on this page --> COVID-19 and the border as all the details you need is in there and may keep changing from time to time.

·
Registered
1,462 Posts
I got PR visa grant letter in mail from DHA. I am also able to see grant letter in my immi account.
Is there any further process to do?

I understood, Next step is book flight tickets & complete Covid-19 procedure to reach Australia. Correct?
Congratulations..!

Yes, that's all you need to do, i.e plan your move..!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Recently, There is no flights from India to Australia. Agents are giving option via Dubai, Abudhabi & Maldive with one night stay+RT PCR there and further travel.
Is it really practical? Any body recently travelled? please share your experience.
Tickets for Vande Bharat flight is also limited and costly.

Any suggestion to reach Australia from India for PR holder (first entry).

·
Registered
49 Posts
Hi All,
I am planning to travel to Sydney (on PR and first time travel) in June/July. Could anyone suggest any flight options which are reliable and economical? I will be travelling as a family of 4.

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
Hi All,
I am planning to travel to Sydney (on PR and first time travel) in June/July. Could anyone suggest any flight options which are reliable and economical? I will be travelling as a family of 4.
I suspect it will be 30% harder to get a seat on a flight from India by then.

National Cabinet has announced a temporary reduction to the number of incoming flights from India amid a rising number of COVID-19 cases in returning passengers. Prime Minister Scott Morrison said chartered and direct flights from India would soon be cut by 30 per cent and departures to India would be limited and that the decrease would apply to both the government-organised repatriation flights and commercial flights into Sydney.

The media statement said the change would come into effect "in the months ahead", I suspect that means that those with booked seats will probably be ok -- for a while at least, but travel in June or July could well be a coin toss.

·
Registered
49 Posts
I suspect it will be 30% harder to get a seat on a flight from India by then.

National Cabinet has announced a temporary reduction to the number of incoming flights from India amid a rising number of COVID-19 cases in returning passengers. Prime Minister Scott Morrison said chartered and direct flights from India would soon be cut by 30 per cent and departures to India would be limited and that the decrease would apply to both the government-organised repatriation flights and commercial flights into Sydney.

The media statement said the change would come into effect "in the months ahead", I suspect that means that those with booked seats will probably be ok -- for a while at least, but travel in June or July could well be a coin toss.
Thank you so much for your feedback!

·
Registered
49 Posts
Recently, There is no flights from India to Australia. Agents are giving option via Dubai, Abudhabi & Maldive with one night stay+RT PCR there and further travel.
Is it really practical? Any body recently travelled? please share your experience.
Tickets for Vande Bharat flight is also limited and costly.

Any suggestion to reach Australia from India for PR holder (first entry).
Hi Kunal, are you able to get any option yet? I am also looking for an option for my first entry.

·
Registered
49 Posts

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
Just announced about 30 minutes or so ago...

Australia will pause passenger flights from India to Australia until May 15.
The 8 DFAT flights planned to return from India in May will also be paused.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Can anyone tell me how long it usually takes for travel exemption requests to be processed?
To go where, and for what reason? It's totally dependent on what you're asking, what evidence you supplied, and where you're applying to go.

Basically, the answer is "how long is a piece of string"?

·
Registered
41 Posts
Is there any one who had recently arrived and quarantined in other state and move to South Australia.

As per the Cross border travel form of SA, it is required to Fill the form before one week attaching quarantine completed certification. In that case , does a person required to finish quarantine in other state and submit the form after the quarantine ends. Can't he travel until 7 days after the quarantine. This is bit confusing. If any one had experience, please share.

Do we need the approval from SA or else submitting the form is enough

·
Registered
3 Posts
To go where, and for what reason? It's totally dependent on what you're asking, what evidence you supplied, and where you're applying to go.

Basically, the answer is "how long is a piece of string"?
Well, I got rejected after just two days, if that helps anyone.

721 - 740 of 775 Posts