Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I'm planning to apply visa subclass 190. However, I might have to come back to home country for a year or so. The 190 visa said I have to stay at least 2 years in sponsor state.

1. Does it mean that I have to stay 2 years right after the granted date in sponsor state?
2. Or these 2 years can be at anytime of 5 years?
3. And these 2 years is only for eligible in applying Resident Return or Citizenship?

4. And is it ok for me to travel outside Australia after granted date, stay in my home country for a year, then come back and continue living in sponsor state?

5. At the time I'm back in home country, the company still want me to work remotely, May I work remotely from my home country to the company in sponsor state?

I'm a new comer and very appreciate any helps.

Thanks

·
Super Moderator
3,447 Posts
1/2. You are expected to live and work in that state for the first two years.
3. The requirement for an RRV is different, as is the requirement for citizenship. A five-year RRV requires you to be resident for 2 out of the previous 5 years. Citizenship requires you to be resident for 3 out of the previous 4 years.
4. Upon your return to Australia to live, your two year obligation to that state would begin.
5. I don't see why not, but that would have no bearing on your two year obligation. Nor would it allow you to meet residency requirements for an RRV or citizenship generally.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi Everyone!

I am in the process of applying for a Skill Assessment for Australian PR under sub class 190 state sponsorship category and the chosen skill is ICT Business Development Manager.

As of today ICT Business Development Manager is not available in any state.

My precise question is if I apply for a Skill Assessment today are there good enough chances that my chosen occupation ICT Business Development Manager will reflect again in some other state in one to two months so that I can apply for state sponsorship post my skill assessment and EOI.

Can someone please throw some light on this.

Shall highly appreciate your inputs.

Thank you.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts