Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We are in the final phase now, submitting our application this weekend for my US husband to join me in the UK.
My query regards dates of travel.
We are applying for the visa to begin on 23 december.
Our plan is for him to come over for xmas for the holiday, then return to the US after a week.
He will then have 3 months ffrom 23 december to tidy up his US affairs and begin job hunting in the UK, and get himself over here.
My question is, will it be ok to come to uk, return back to US, then come back again to settle in March?
I presume that once the visa is granted he will be free to travel at will, but just wanted to confrim it before ŵe finally submit the application with 23 december as start date required.
Obviously we do realise that there are no guarantees that visa will be granted, or that it will be granted for the date we are aiming for.

Thanks

·
Registered
39,103 Posts
Yes, that's fine.
Remember that although you give 23rd December as your proposed travel date, there is no guarantee that the visa will be post-dated and Home Office can make the visa valid from the date of issue, and they will refuse to change and reissue your visa.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Also on this topic, is it too overzealous to include a date that is too soon?

I'm about to submit my application (hopefully by Thursday of next week) and would love to be in the UK by the end of the month. I'll do the priority processing (settlement visa) and can do the quickest shipping for both the outgoing and return package.

Thoughts?

·
Registered
638 Posts
That's fine. If it's processed quickly enough you may well be able to travel then. If not, they will issue it to travel on straight after approving it.

·
Super Moderator
18,071 Posts
Also on this topic, is it too overzealous to include a date that is too soon?

I'm about to submit my application (hopefully by Thursday of next week) and would love to be in the UK by the end of the month. I'll do the priority processing (settlement visa) and can do the quickest shipping for both the outgoing and return package.

Thoughts?
You can do that but even with priority processing, there is no guarantee that your application will be processed by the date that you choose.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.