Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi. I am emigrating on the 21st with my 3 year old daughter. I am looking for cover just for the flight over. I have looked at a couple of insurance companies and they only provide cover if you are a resident of the UK and your trip starts and finishes in the UK. What have other people done when they have emigrated? My usual travel insurance is with my bank and I have been advised it won't cover me. Thanks

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi. I am emigrating on the 21st with my 3 year old daughter. I am looking for cover just for the flight over. I have looked at a couple of insurance companies and they only provide cover if you are a resident of the UK and your trip starts and finishes in the UK. What have other people done when they have emigrated? My usual travel insurance is with my bank and I have been advised it won't cover me. Thanks
Ah, was logging in with the same query - did you ever find a solution to this ? Or does anyone have any tips for "one way emigration" insurance ? We will have contents covering us at both ends, but it's that middle bit that worries me...

[EDIT] - ah, it's OK, I found the follow up post called "One week to go" - can't post link as I'm a new forum member.

·
Registered
541 Posts
Yes i used travel insurance for me, wife, and my daughter.
We used AIG insurance taken from Thomas Cook
.....................................................................................................................................................
Agent applied April 2007
TRA Positive September 2007
IELTS Passed January 2008
Applied Visa 175 April 2008 (Paper visa MODL, CSL ,)
Got CO and Medicals 30th July 2009
Job Verification November 10th 2009
175 VISA GRANDED 22nd December 2009
Arrived on May 26th 2010

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.