Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone!

My fiance is currently in Australia and I am in Singapore. I have a valid Australian tourist visa until Jan 2021. I have studied in Australia for 5 years and I am a healthcare professional.

Our wedding had to be postponed due to COVID and we've been apart for 10 months now. We're thinking of me coming onshore into Australia and getting a registered marriage done later this year.

For this, I will need to lodge a travel exemption.

Questions:
1) Do you think our circumstance is considerable?
2) We are thinking of attaching some "witness of the relationship" documents - can we use form 888 for this or is there a specific document to use?

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
21,568 Posts
Hello everyone!

My fiance is currently in Australia and I am in Singapore. I have a valid Australian tourist visa until Jan 2021. I have studied in Australia for 5 years and I am a healthcare professional.

Our wedding had to be postponed due to COVID and we've been apart for 10 months now. We're thinking of me coming onshore into Australia and getting a registered marriage done later this year.

For this, I will need to lodge a travel exemption.

Questions:
1) Do you think our circumstance is considerable?
2) We are thinking of attaching some "witness of the relationship" documents - can we use form 888 for this or is there a specific document to use?

Thanks in advance!
You have negligible chances of getting an exemption
No harm in trying

Cheers

1 - 2 of 2 Posts