Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all!

Just a quick question -- I am going to submit my online application at the moment, however im quite worried if there will be a problem as I put on the travel date is September 7, 2015 but i have changed my mind as I need to adjust for the intended wedding date and Im changing it to September 4, as the Weybridge registry office is requiring of 9days living in UK before I can give a notice of marriage, but the problem is I cannot change the travel date on the 4th. And I want put september 4 on the date of planned arrival in UK.

If anyone can help me please. I want to make sure everything will be all right before I send it online. Thank you

·
Registered
5,745 Posts
If you haven't yet submitted the online application, It would be wise to start over. You cannot change the date of travel on an existing application. Just copy the details over to a new application and delete the old one (you can have two "open" applications at once). I would wonder if a difference of three days will really impact your wedding? I hope you'll give yourself enough time! Do remember that you may be waiting up to 70 days between giving notice and being able to have the marriage performed. Good luck!! x

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
If you haven't yet submitted the online application, It would be wise to start over. You cannot change the date of travel on an existing application. Just copy the details over to a new application and delete the old one (you can have two "open" applications at once). I would wonder if a difference of three days will really impact your wedding? I hope you'll give yourself enough time! Do remember that you may be waiting up to 70 days between giving notice and being able to have the marriage performed. Good luck!! x
what if I have submitted and completed the application but haven't signed the declaration yet? What should I do? Thank you.

·
Registered
5,745 Posts
Your application isn't actually completed until you sign the declaration, so you can still go back and delete it/create a new application with no consequence. If you had signed the declaration and need to make major changes, you'd have to request a refund.

From the FAQ:

How do I cancel my application?
Provided you have not completed the Sign Declaration section, you will have a Delete Application option via View My Applications. If you have signed the declaration you will not be able to delete the application. If this is the case you can leave the application, it will have no bearing on any other applications and will eventually be deleted by the system. If you have made a payment and require a refund please see the section on Payments and Refunds. If you request a refund via View Payment your application will not be processed but will still be visible in your account.

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
There is no need to cancel your application and no need to start another one. Simply cross out the incorrect date and write the correct date above it on your printed copy.
Thats what Joppa said to another thread as well.

Thank you clever octopus and Nyclon for the help.

·
Registered
5,745 Posts
I guess I would personally just err on the side of not having to make corrections on the application, when there's no consequence for starting a new application. I readily admit that I have ZERO authority in this arena and speak only from my own very limited experience and observation :)

Reactions: ladylove04
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.