Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello!

I'm currently on a youth mobility visa which ends on September 15. My partner (British) and I (Australian) are going for our priority service appointment on August 24 to switch into the FLR(M).

I have two questions:

1. We were thinking of going on our honeymoon on August 25 to Malta. Is it wise to leave the UK, or should we stay within the UK? I realise the new biometric card won't arrive until a week later... Will the one I have for my YMS still be valid, or will I have any issues reentering the country?

2. We're getting married next month, and currently do not live together because of work. I intend on moving in with him and his parents a month or two after we marry. Do I need to provide any letters in my visa application detailing why we aren't currently living together, etc? Or just show intent and provide the letter of permission from his parents and other docs? (Land registry, bill, etc etc)

Thanks! Much appreciated.
Bianca

·
Registered
39,246 Posts
#1 You can enter on your BRP for Tier 5 YMS, though the border agent may quiz you about your family route BRP (it's likely to be on their system). It's not an ideal situation (you can only be in UK on one leave, and your spouse leave is superseding your Tier 5) and you can expect hassle. I don't recommend it.
#2 Submit what you have.

·
Registered
327 Posts
If you get the visa they will retain your current BRP as it no longer be valid, this is what they did when my wife switched from her still valid Tier 4 visa when we went to a premium service appointment. So, you won't have one if you leave before your new one arrives.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.