Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone advise whether, having recently felled a large Birch tree back in the UK (now cut into small logs), I can legally transport these in small amounts (in our car) to our second home in the Limousin? Or is there some EU directive forbidding this?

:confused:

·
Registered
8 Posts
Can anyone advise whether, having recently felled a large Birch tree back in the UK (now cut into small logs), I can legally transport these in small amounts (in our car) to our second home in the Limousin? Or is there some EU directive forbidding this?

Hi I am resonable sure that you would not be allowed to transport logs as you describe due to the prevention of desease regulations without a DEFRA licence
:( However my limited experience of Limosin is there is an abundance of tree logs
Regards

Glenn

G

·

Roy, I have not got the first clue about regulations - but why on eearth would you want to?

It'll cost you more in extra fuel and bother to transport the logs to Limousin than to buy the same amount locally.

You'll be remembered as the man who didn't want to buy his logs locally.

I don't know what the french equivalent of 'coals to Newcastle' is, but I'm sure it'd feature 'logs to Limousin'..........

·
Registered
16 Posts

Hi Roy

As it is of EU origin it should be okay, however good sense says that the wood should be debarked (insect pests are usually under the bark).

In small amounts it should be okay, I can't see anything in the rules to forbid it.

Steve

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.