Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Expats in WA,

Needed some clarification.

In the Transperth website (Concession Passes) the following info is given.

Health Care Cards are issued by Centrelink. Holders of this card and dependants listed on the card are entitled to concession travel on all Transperth services.

Does this mean the smartrider card only or any additional concessions in the ticket fares will be given for the PR holders / Citizens in WA?

Cheers!

·
Registered
4,518 Posts
Hi Maddy

Concessions apply to pensioners, students, people with dsiabilities etc.

As an able-bodied PR holder, you will not be entitled to those.

You can buy a normal smartrider card which will enable you to pay a slightly lower fare than you would have paid had you bought a paper ticket.

·
Registered
4,518 Posts
Also, do bear in mind that for the first 2 years as a PR, you are not entitled to claim any sort of benefits (there are a few exceptions but they are rather limited).

·
Registered
222 Posts
Hello Expats in WA,

Needed some clarification.

In the Transperth website (Concession Passes) the following info is given.

Health Care Cards are issued by Centrelink. Holders of this card and dependants listed on the card are entitled to concession travel on all Transperth services.

Does this mean the smartrider card only or any additional concessions in the ticket fares will be given for the PR holders / Citizens in WA?

Cheers!
Dear Maddy,

How are you?

I am not able to reply to your private message. I think you have blocked all the private messages from the members.

Regards,
Vickey.

·
Registered
1,328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Maz25 said:
Hi Maddy

Concessions apply to pensioners, students, people with dsiabilities etc.

As an able-bodied PR holder, you will not be entitled to those.

You can buy a normal smartrider card which will enable you to pay a slightly lower fare than you would have paid had you bought a paper ticket.
Thanks Mate... I thought so. But I wanted to confirm with an expert like you..:)

Cheers !!!

Sent from my iPad using ExpatForum

·
Registered
1,328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
vickey1 said:
Dear Maddy,

How are you?

I am not able to reply to your private message. I think you have blocked all the private messages from the members.

Regards,
Vickey.
Hey vickey..

Gud mate thanks. When you send a PM there is a checkbox to confirm if you are ok to send to a user who is not in your contact. You have to enable that.

No blocking etc...Don't worry :D

Cheers !!!

·
Registered
1,328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Maz25 said:
Also, do bear in mind that for the first 2 years as a PR, you are not entitled to claim any sort of benefits (there are a few exceptions but they are rather limited).
Yes noted indeed ;) :)

Cheers!!

·
Registered
222 Posts
Hey vickey..

Gud mate thanks. When you send a PM there is a checkbox to confirm if you are ok to send to a user who is not in your contact. You have to enable that.

No blocking etc...Don't worry :D

Cheers !!!

Dear Maddy,

I am getting the below message.

MaddyOZ has chosen not to receive private messages or may not be allowed to receive private messages. Therefore you may not send your message to him/her.

If you are trying to send this message to multiple recipients, remove MaddyOZ from the recipient list and send the message again.

Regards,
Vickey.

·
Registered
1,328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
vickey1 said:
Dear Maddy,

I am getting the below message.

MaddyOZ has chosen not to receive private messages or may not be allowed to receive private messages. Therefore you may not send your message to him/her.

If you are trying to send this message to multiple recipients, remove MaddyOZ from the recipient list and send the message again.

Regards,
Vickey.
Try now once again. You will be able to send me PM.

Cheers!!

·
Registered
716 Posts
A medicare card does not entitle you to a concession. A healthcare card is a different card, issued to people with disabilities etc.

·
Registered
1,328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
Maz..

In Melbourne we have weekly, monthly pass tickets for every one to travel unlimited in a particular zone. Don't they have similar system in Perth?

In Transperth website, I could see only day rider pass which will anyway be benefited even if you have a smartrider.

Sent from my ipad using Expat Forum

·
Registered
4,518 Posts
Maz..

In Melbourne we have weekly, monthly pass tickets for every one to travel unlimited in a particular zone. Don't they have similar system in Perth?

In Transperth website, I could see only day rider pass which will anyway be benefited even if you have a smartrider.

Sent from my ipad using Expat Forum
Hi Maddy

I'm not 100% sure but doubt it. I believe you can only get a day rider or family rider if you are travelling in a group. Fortunately, I live and work in the free transit zone so I don't actually pay to travel by public transport.

·
Registered
8,429 Posts
About concession card, when we came while we were still looking for a job, my husband filled the details on Centrelink website and we got a concession as he filled income as nil, if you are paid anything below 45k/yr (or was it 40k) then they send you a concession card, the moment he updated his details we got a letter saying the card is no more valid. The card can be used for concession fro transport and medication but only the main applicant can use the card for concession, the rest of the family has to buy full fare ticket.

Not sure if that is the case in Perth.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.