Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need some documents to be translated from English to Spanish for our residencia application. I am living in Gran Canaria. Does anyone know if the British Consulate in Las Palmas offer translation services?:confused:

·
Registered
19,435 Posts
I need some documents to be translated from English to Spanish for our residencia application. I am living in Gran Canaria. Does anyone know if the British Consulate in Las Palmas offer translation services?:confused:
I don't think any consulates offer translation services although the might be able to point you in the right direction.
If you don't need a sworn translation you can scan it and get it done anywhere in the world.
Save
Save

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I don't think any consulates offer translation services although the might be able to point you in the right direction.
If you don't need a sworn translation you can scan it and get it done anywhere in the world.
Save
Save
I believe it has to be done by a registered translator as I require proof of income from pensions etc to be translated. The local town hall seemed to think the consulate offer this service and an Icelandic friend here in Gran Canaria had documents translated by the Icelandic consulate quite recently

·
Registered
19,435 Posts
I believe it has to be done by a registered translator as I require proof of income from pensions etc to be translated. The local town hall seemed to think the consulate offer this service and an Icelandic friend here in Gran Canaria had documents translated by the Icelandic consulate quite recently
Well,you could always get in touch and ask them directly.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have tried but they are closed - only open Monday and Friday. Tried to email them as there is an element of urgency but not getting much response

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Sworn Translator (traductor jurado)

Looking for a reliable and not expensive sworn translator (traductor jurado) in the Playa del Ingles / Maspalomas areas of Gran Canaria

·
Administrator
36,695 Posts
Looking for a reliable and not expensive sworn translator (traductor jurado) in the Playa del Ingles / Maspalomas areas of Gran Canaria
It's correct that the consulate doesn't offer sworn translation services - but on the consulate website you can find a list of sworn translators Sworn Translators-Interpreters

Are you absolutely certain that the documents have to be translated though? If you have the pension (or any other income for anyone else reading), paid into a Spanish bank account, a stamped extraction or bank statement is usually sufficient.

Although I haven't heard of anyone needing to have proof of pension translated before, anyway.

Sworn translations don't come cheap.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts