Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I thought I would share a tip I have just discovered. I was needing to translate some documents. I don't have a printer or scanner yet. But I have the google translator App on my phone.

I have discovered that with your smartphone and camera you can take a photo of a document and it will translate it for you or if you hold the phone (camera) over the paper it will also translate for you live.

I found it pretty handy. Anyway just in case anyone needed a quick translation, I am sure it will work on menus etc or other documents you need help to translate.

Cheers the solo expat.
Ash

·
Registered
4,909 Posts
I used to work in a high tech environment so I got used to "wow" type developments in the application of technology to our daily lives.

However, the rate of development of smart phones and related technology really does amaze me today.

I was impressed when my daughter came over here at Christmas in the family car. She left her own car on the drive in the UK. Her smart phone could tell WHERE her car was, whether it was moving, and what the temperature was.

All I can say is....in strong rural Hampshire accent "well, dang oi, then".

DejW

1 - 2 of 2 Posts