Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If you have social security health care in one EU country, what paperwork is necessary to transfer that to another EU country? I have some notes about an S121 form, later changed to an E1 form, but when I search for more information all I find is the European Health Card. But the European Health Card is meant for travel, not for moving and staying to live in another country. Can someone clue me in? Thanks.

·
Administrator
50,010 Posts
You need to get a form from the health care system you are currently covered by - basically, this is a form that verifies that you are covered under the system, and for how long. This form goes to the CPAM in France so they can bill back your "home" country for your health coverage for the period of time you are entitled to it in France.

This is the page from the Europa website (EU portal) with information on transferring European health care from one country to another: EU - Health coverage when settling abroad – Your Europe It's not uniform, and it depends on what health care entitlement you have in the country you're coming from.
Cheers,
Bev

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Bev.
Actually I was looking for information on the difference between the European Health Card and the form S1 that used to be the E121. I have some specific issues and asked a lawyer here for help. She told me I needed to get the European Health card for moving, while I knew that what I needed was the S1 only I had the number wrong and couldn't find information on it. But I have found it now at the EU site but at a different location than the link you sent. Here it is, in case anyone wants to know about the difference between the European Health Card (which covers you for travel only) and the form you need if you are actually moving.
EU - Healthcare for pensioners living in other EU countries -Your Europe

You need to get a form from the health care system you are currently covered by - basically, this is a form that verifies that you are covered under the system, and for how long. This form goes to the CPAM in France so they can bill back your "home" country for your health coverage for the period of time you are entitled to it in France.

This is the page from the Europa website (EU portal) with information on transferring European health care from one country to another: EU - Health coverage when settling abroad – Your Europe It's not uniform, and it depends on what health care entitlement you have in the country you're coming from.
Cheers,
Bev

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.