Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am currently living in the UK on a tier 5 youth mob visa in NZ passport.
However 4 months back I lost my passport 2 weeks before a trip to Morocco.
I had to get a new passport but I didn't have time to get the visa transferred into my new passport. I had a photocopy with me and the officer at border control upon re entering advised I would need to get it put back in.
I had another trip booked 2 months later and I still didn't have the visa put into the new passport. The officer again advised that I need to get this put into the new passport.

I am going away again in 2 weeks to Paris and I still haven't got the visa put in.
The reason why is I have heard that it can take up to 6 months to get back if you send via post..?? and I can not afford to pay the 500 pounds to get it put back in on the day and this seems crazy when I only have 5 months left on my visa..?
Does anyone have any suggestions?? Is there any way to fast track the post option? like include letter advising that I need by specific date? Do you know if they can actually refuse entry? any help would be much appreciated.

I also have duel citizenship (NZ and USA)....so could possibly enter just as a visa while I send it away to be processed??

·
Registered
39,151 Posts
It shouldn't take 6 months by post. 1-2 months is more likely, but you can't hurry it and any cover letter will be ignored.
While they can look up on their computer whether a visa has been issued, you really need to have it transferred to your passport, and immigration officer is within their right to deny you entry (inadequate documentation).
Don't try to use your US passport for your trip to Paris, as they can find out from your biometrics that you hold another passport with Tier 5 visa, and they won't give you another leave (as visitor) on your US passport.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you for this. I think I am just going to have to take a risk. I might try and have all the application forms already filled out and ready with me to prove that I will send it away as soon as they let me back in?? fingers crossed...

·
Registered
1 Posts
Losing your passport is a bummer. It may be too late for this passport but here is a tip that may prevent the same thing from happening next time. I had a similar thing happen to me on a trip to Mexico, luckily for me I had a tracker tag on it. A waiter where I ate lunch found it and entered my tracker number on the Okoban website and I was instantly sent a text message (and an email) before I ever even knew it was missing. The tags are available online at Mystufflostandfound. It saved my trip and I now have them on almost everything that goes with me on a trip.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.