Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So my fiancé is applying for a fiance visa in early October. I am trying to get six months of bank statements ready for the application but am struggling. I called my bank [Natwest] and they said they no longer re-issue copies of original bank statements. They say there is no way of obtaining these. What they send out instead is transaction lists. These are on official headed paper and contain all transactions in and out of my account, but do not look exactly the same as an original statement.
The lady on the phone says that these are accepted in visa applications but I am skeptical. Does anyone know if this is true? I am panicking because this is all I am able to obtain. I have been into the bank but they told me they do not stamp any kind of statements and do not write letters for people either :| So these transaction lists are all that my bank will give me! Will they be accepted??

·
Registered
39,081 Posts
I'm yet to come across someone who had submitted transaction list and was approved, as well as someone who was rejected. So it's a grey area. I would have thought it should be acceptable, but I can't be 100% certain.

·
Registered
220 Posts
I applied with transaction list and it was accepted. My bank was barclays and i added a note explaining my converstation with barclays customer support and how they dont issue original bank statements...

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks to both of you! I called the bank again and tried speaking to someone different. They told me you can order original statements, you just need to pay for them! So I've ordered them, fingers crossed they come in

·
Registered
125 Posts
I applied with transaction list from Natwest and it was accepted. It was on Natwest headed paper and I was told by Natwest it was approved by the ukba.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.