Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,328 Posts
Ronan20 said:
Has anybody done this trip as a family. Was it any good, did it cost an arm and a leg, is there much difference between steerage and first class,and would you recommend it??

I know soooooooo many questions

Indian Pacific - Rail Australia

Thanks'

Ronan
One of my friends family had travelled. Huge price diff between first class and normal. Definitely It will be worth an experience in the worlds longest straightway rail track for thousands of kms. I am planning to go for sure at some point of time.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Just my tuppence worth - we have close friends in Manly, Sydney - and at the beginning of next year they are flying across to Perth and spending a few days with us in Perth - then we are going to hire a Campervan/Motorhome from Britz / Maui or the like and drive the Nullarbor to Adelaide then to Melbourne and then to Sydney where we will drop off the Motorhome - stay in Sydney for a few days and then fly back to Perth. This should take us about 10 - 12 days at a leisurely pace with 4 people driving a few hours a day. This is one of the things we promised ourselves to do in our time in Australia. Looking forward to it already - not everyone's cup of tea - but different to the train and we can travel at our own pace !!! TJ

·
Registered
190 Posts
Its wonderful...........hopefully do it soon....
hassan i need ur help......as i will be applying for statesponsorship soon...ineed ur guidance.......is perth better or adelaide.....i will be coming with my family and would probably have to thrive on casual jobs at the start.....in all the terms which place is better....we dont have anyone to support us thr

·
Registered
760 Posts
hassan i need ur help......as i will be applying for statesponsorship soon...ineed ur guidance.......is perth better or adelaide.....i will be coming with my family and would probably have to thrive on casual jobs at the start.....in all the terms which place is better....we dont have anyone to support us thr
What kind of help you need? Its your personal decision to choose either of Perth or Adelaide, nobody would be able to advise you. There are many threads out there to decide for yourself. In case of any assistance you can PM me.

Thanks
Hassan

·
Registered
190 Posts
What kind of help you need? Its your personal decision to choose either of Perth or Adelaide, nobody would be able to advise you. There are many threads out there to decide for yourself. In case of any assistance you can PM me.

Thanks
Hassan
thank u for ur reply and offer......
i have searced on the forums and blogs ppl have different views ......
thr r a few things boggling me.... ive heard that the housing and everything is expensive in perth.....as compared to adelaide.surviving in perth thriving on parttime jobs might be difficult as compared to adelaide
secondly schools of which area r better ...i have no idea
thirdly since perth is secluded frm other states it will be next to impossible if we want to meet some ppl in melbourne....
fourthly the query is ...is adelaide a hicks place ...i mean kiya ye kahii gaoo ki tarha to nahi hai ke ham repent kerain ye kahan phans gaye...u get me right...
we love to hang arund and see different places...so plz read and comment and correct me if i aam wrong
secondly

·
Registered
346 Posts
I thought Adelaide was a boring place in comparison to Sydney and Melbourne. Perth might be still better in comparison to Adelaide though as you said the cost of living in Perth is expensive than other cities in Australia.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.