Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,
Just wondering if any of you could give me a bit of a heads up.

I am currently working as an Electrician in Brisbane,, Australia. And am looking at moving to Thailand within the next year or two.
I was wondering if anybody has heard of much trade work for Expats.
I currently hold an "A" grade Electrical Certification, I hold a Diesel Mechanic certificate and also a Refrigeration Mechanics ticket.
All 3 trades are Australian certified.
I've been looking on the net for a while and can't seem to find much other work except for that of English teachers.
Any help with websites or agencies would be great.
Cheers
Beech

·
Banned
502 Posts
Hi everyone,
Just wondering if any of you could give me a bit of a heads up.

I am currently working as an Electrician in Brisbane,, Australia. And am looking at moving to Thailand within the next year or two.
I was wondering if anybody has heard of much trade work for Expats.
I currently hold an "A" grade Electrical Certification, I hold a Diesel Mechanic certificate and also a Refrigeration Mechanics ticket.
All 3 trades are Australian certified.
I've been looking on the net for a while and can't seem to find much other work except for that of English teachers.
Any help with websites or agencies would be great.
Cheers
Beech
Welcome to the Forum Beechy,
You are probably over qualified for Thailand!
In any case you wont be allowed to work here as a sparks I fear as a Thai could do it (allegedly!).
Forget teaching English it's a non starter imo. Read through the posts here and you will see what I mean......
Best thing would be for you to come over and spend a few weeks nosing around.
I wish you luck......

·
Registered
469 Posts
You might want to look into teaching electrician courses - don't know if there is much mileage in it, but its more likely a starter than doing the job - as said, you would not get a WP for it unless hired by a foreign company and brought in as a member of staff (which is unlikely as the labour is so cheap in LoS).

Good luck

·
Banned
502 Posts
You might want to look into teaching electrician courses - don't know if there is much mileage in it, but its more likely a starter than doing the job - as said, you would not get a WP for it unless hired by a foreign company and brought in as a member of staff (which is unlikely as the labour is so cheap in LoS).

Good luck
Good idea KL. Teaching Electrics could be your way in.....they need it believe me!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.