Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi. Hopefully somebody can help with my query. A friend applied for and got a NIE in Benidorm about 11 years ago, however never actually used it. Now they are back in Spain, living quite some distance from Benidorm, and need to trace their NIE. They have been advised that because they have not used the NIE that the only way it can be traced is to go to the police station in Benidorm where it was originally issued.

Is this the case or will it be recorded on a computer system that can be accessed from any National Police station or Social Security office?

They are now living in Murcia region.

Many thanks for any help and advice you may be able to give.

·
Administrator
36,698 Posts
Hi. Hopefully somebody can help with my query. A friend applied for and got a NIE in Benidorm about 11 years ago, however never actually used it. Now they are back in Spain, living quite some distance from Benidorm, and need to trace their NIE. They have been advised that because they have not used the NIE that the only way it can be traced is to go to the police station in Benidorm where it was originally issued.

Is this the case or will it be recorded on a computer system that can be accessed from any National Police station or Social Security office?

They are now living in Murcia region.

Many thanks for any help and advice you may be able to give.
:welcome:
it will be in the computer system & can be accessed from any extranjería / National police

if they've now moved here they'll need to register as resident, so if they tell the official when they do so, their NIEs will be traced for them

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
:welcome:
it will be in the computer system & can be accessed from any extranjería / National police

if they've now moved here they'll need to register as resident, so if they tell the official when they do so, their NIEs will be traced for them
xabiachica.

Many thanks for your prompt reply. That was what I thought would be the case but wanted a second opinion so to speak. That is much easier than taking a day off work and traipsing up to Benidorm .

1 - 3 of 3 Posts