Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, as I said before the decision has been made to make the move. We have been reading the TRA skill assessment for my husband. He was a telecoms enginner with BT for twelve years. For the last 18 months he has been self employed with his own contract cleaning company which is successfull but not enough to warrant applying for a business visa.

Anyway long and short of it is that he is applying for his visa as a communications linesperson (on the sol list). On the application form it states that the documents that are required if you are self employed. Does this only apply if he was applying to go to oz on a business visa and not a skilled visa.

This probably sounds really stupid but we want to get it right. There are soooo many different rules and regs that my head is buzzing and to make matters worse it now says on the front of the application that if you live in the UK the skills are no longer assessed by the TRA and to go to workplace.gov.au/tra, but when I go on there I get nothing :(

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
3,375 Posts
Hi Greengait:

Here's the correct link for TRA type assessment (it's been moved to DEEWR from workplace.gov.au and there is a redirect link):
Overview

The skills assessment is probably the most unpredictable part of the process, once the DIAC application becomes like most others.

Pay App Fee, Health Check, Police Check, Wait.

Hi all, as I said before the decision has been made to make the move. We have been reading the TRA skill assessment for my husband. He was a telecoms enginner with BT for twelve years. For the last 18 months he has been self employed with his own contract cleaning company which is successfull but not enough to warrant applying for a business visa.

Anyway long and short of it is that he is applying for his visa as a communications linesperson (on the sol list). On the application form it states that the documents that are required if you are self employed. Does this only apply if he was applying to go to oz on a business visa and not a skilled visa.

This probably sounds really stupid but we want to get it right. There are soooo many different rules and regs that my head is buzzing and to make matters worse it now says on the front of the application that if you live in the UK the skills are no longer assessed by the TRA and to go to workplace.gov.au/tra, but when I go on there I get nothing :(

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts