Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Members, my friend is on TR(lodged offshore) and has applied for PR(since 2 years over being on TR in australia). She has lodged the application and status in immi account is " further assessment". She urgently wants to go to india. Will this affect her eligibility to get PR??is it required to be in Australia to get PR from TR??

·
Registered
219 Posts
Hi Members, my friend is on TR(lodged offshore) and has applied for PR(since 2 years over being on TR in australia). She has lodged the application and status in immi account is " further assessment". She urgently wants to go to india. Will this affect her eligibility to get PR??is it required to be in Australia to get PR from TR??
Your friend should read the terms in her bridging visa, and if she has any complications she should contact DHA. Aren't flights out of the country suspended anyway?

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
Sorry i forgot to mention, she is on spouse VISA(300) not the usual TR.
Spouse Visa is 309/100 and not 300. Subclass 300 is Prospective marriage visa and valid only for 9 months. Is this the visa she is on?

If so, after applying PR, I assume she must've received a Bridging Visa A. If she wants to travel out, she has to first apply for Bridging Visa B, so that she can return. If she doesn't do so, then she has to wait until her PR is granted for her to return back to Australia.

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes she is on visa 309 and after PR she will be on 100.When she applied for PR(submitted application after getting email reminder from department to apply for PR), she did not get any bridging visa.Now she wants to go back to india. will her travel to india affect her eligibility to get PR??

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
Yes she is on visa 309 and after PR she will be on 100.When she applied for PR(submitted application after getting email reminder from department to apply for PR), she did not get any bridging visa.Now she wants to go back to india. will her travel to india affect her eligibility to get PR??
Mate, you are contradicting yourself in every post. Can you not be clear in your first post itself?

Anyways, If she is on Subclass 309, she can travel to and from Australia as many times as she wishes, since this Visa remains valid until Subclass 100 is processed.

In brief, yes, she can travel without issues.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts