Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have applied for a partner visa (309) . Whilst this is in process, I applied for a visitor visa from India on 20th April 2015. It's been more than 15 days since I applied and have been granted tourist visa yet. I finished my medicals on 4th May. I booked my tickets for 26th may hoping I would get visa by then.. but haven't ..Wondering if this is normal. When I called Australian high commission Delhi, they said since PR is in process, both applications have a say on each other.. so I have to finish PR requirements first.. That will take more than a month... I am worried..how long would a tourist visa take..

·
Registered
208 Posts
I have applied for a partner visa (309) . Whilst this is in process, I applied for a visitor visa from India on 20th April 2015. It's been more than 15 days since I applied and have been granted tourist visa yet. I finished my medicals on 4th May. I booked my tickets for 26th may hoping I would get visa by then.. but haven't ..Wondering if this is normal. When I called Australian high commission Delhi, they said since PR is in process, both applications have a say on each other.. so I have to finish PR requirements first.. That will take more than a month... I am worried..how long would a tourist visa take..
Normally takes a month. Sometimes tourist visa gets delayed due to 309 PR being logged at the same duration, best case scenario would be to quickly add all the docs and call AHC stating that the flight tickets are all booked and you have some urgent work. Remember for high risk countries "No Further Stay" is applicable to tourist visa so there is possibility that they might drill you on your plans and when you are coming back.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the reply.. I can submit all forms except PCC as I have to get one from UK .. I was planning to get pcc once case officer requests for it... a button got activated on my pr application once case officer asked for medical..after medicals was done, I was about to click the button but it said, the case will be decided on whatever documents available.. I am skeptical as to what to do now.. should I click that button after submitting all forms except PCC.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Thanks for the reply.. I can submit all forms except PCC as I have to get one from UK .. I was planning to get pcc once case officer requests for it... a button got activated on my pr application once case officer asked for medical..after medicals was done, I was about to click the button but it said, the case will be decided on whatever documents available.. I am skeptical as to what to do now.. should I click that button after submitting all forms except PCC.
If i can ask you can you tell me the date you logged your spouse visa, if its recently done and if it was online then you can relax and easily submit the docs and attach the PCC later as the CO appointment itself will take 9 months minimum.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes . I applied for my partner visa on 14th April online.. I applied for tourist visa immediately thinking it will take Some time for CO to be assigned. But as soon as I apply for visitor visa , CO got assigned on 29th April. She requested medical to be done common for both. She said once medical clearance comes, she shall sanction visitor visa... but I finished medicals on 4th. Still waiting for tourist visa.. I don't get proper answers from Delhi Australia high commission..

·
Registered
19 Posts
whats the current status. Can you pls update? I see this as a special case when the CO was assigned immediately after filing tourist visa and you were asked to go thru a medical for tourist visa.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts