Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My husband is looking to travel to Dubai for a family reunion. Can anyone help with information regarding visa applications and hotels? Here are the variables:

- the family is Egyptian. My husband is living in the UK on a residency permit. He will be travelling from the UK to Dubai on his Egyptian passport.
- his brother is US-resident with a green card, travelling with his US girlfriend.
- his parents live in Egypt and will be travelling on their Egyptian passports.
- everyone is flying with different airlines (not Emirates) so the airline can't do the visas.

Requirements:

- Apartment hotel with either three bedrooms, or one aparment and a double room.
- Visas for each person.

Questions:

- can you recommend or have you stayed in a good hotel apartment that's resonably close to the center and/or Deira Mall?
- do you know if hotels generally do visas for guests?
- if a hotel does a visa for a guest, are you obligated to continue to stay in that hotel if you don't like it because that hotel issued the visa?
- are there travel agencies in Dubai that will do (1) the hotel booking, and (2) the visas for each family member?
- budget is about GBP 2,000 (AED 10,000-ish).

·
Registered
656 Posts
My husband is looking to travel to Dubai for a family reunion. Can anyone help with information regarding visa applications and hotels? Here are the variables:

- the family is Egyptian. My husband is living in the UK on a residency permit. He will be travelling from the UK to Dubai on his Egyptian passport.
- his brother is US-resident with a green card, travelling with his US girlfriend.
- his parents live in Egypt and will be travelling on their Egyptian passports.
- everyone is flying with different airlines (not Emirates) so the airline can't do the visas.

Requirements:

- Apartment hotel with either three bedrooms, or one aparment and a double room.
- Visas for each person.

Questions:

- can you recommend or have you stayed in a good hotel apartment that's resonably close to the center and/or Deira Mall?
- do you know if hotels generally do visas for guests?
- if a hotel does a visa for a guest, are you obligated to continue to stay in that hotel if you don't like it because that hotel issued the visa?
- are there travel agencies in Dubai that will do (1) the hotel booking, and (2) the visas for each family member?
- budget is about GBP 2,000 (AED 10,000-ish).
Answers
1) Flora Creek is a good hotel apartment close to Deira City Centre mall, else there are many hotel apartments in that area too.
2) I believe yes.
3) Yes.
4) Yes, Clover Tourism, Rayna Tours, Sun and Sky travels there are many others.
5) For how many days..?

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Answers
1) Flora Creek is a good hotel apartment close to Deira City Centre mall, else there are many hotel apartments in that area too.
2) I believe yes.
3) Yes.
4) Yes, Clover Tourism, Rayna Tours, Sun and Sky travels there are many others.
5) For how many days..?
Thanks, Sunder, for that quick and very helpful response :)

The expected trip is for seven nights.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts