Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dear all,

Good day to you!

Could you please advise me how could I obtain family's (husband, wife and a daughter of 2 and half year) tourist visa of USA?

1. I do not have any sponsorship from USA so how much liquid money I have to show to embassy?
2. Do I need to book a hotel room before embassy interview?
3. Is it easier to find a job in New York?

Many thanks in advance.

Jatinder :)

·
Administrator
51,328 Posts
For a tourist visa, you only need to have a travel itinerary and show that you're set up to return back home after your visit (best to keep it to under -well under - 90 days). You only need to have enough money to pay for your visit - i.e. hotel, meals, souvenirs, etc.

But your question #3 opens up all sorts of issues. A tourist visa isn't generally for finding a job, and if they think that's your real reason for going to the US, you'll be turned down. Finding a job in New York is not terribly easy, though it depends on your line of work. But even if you do find a job, you'll have to return back home while your new employer handles the visa, if you expect a visa that will allow you to work.
Cheers,
Bev

·
Registered
2,388 Posts
Finding the job will not be the big problem, but finding a job that will qualify for a work visa will be a Big Problem.

·
Registered
2,465 Posts
Visitor Visa

The regulations define a "specialty occupation" as requiring theoretical and practical application of a body of highly specialized knowledge in a field of human endeavor including but not limited to biotechnology, chemistry, architecture, engineering, mathematics, physical sciences, social sciences, medicine and health, education, law, accounting, business specialties, theology, and the arts, and requiring the attainment of a bachelor’s degree or its equivalent as a minimum

1 - 4 of 4 Posts