Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys,

I'm currently in australia and I'll be getting married in Nov in India. I have a question whether I can raise tourist visa for my partner so that after marriage I can bring her with me and then apply for partner visa?

What if my would be wife apply tourist visa now (i.e. in this month) by herself and after marriage she comes with me and I raise partner visa from australia? Will there be any problem?

·
Registered
458 Posts
Not a problem...Go ahead...And congratulations for your marriage :)

Reactions: hlagvankar

·
Registered
458 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Did some digging and found this https://www.border.gov.au/Trav/Visa-1/801-

May be there is a better way to do it without tourist visa.. please look at above

EDIT: Processing time is 19 months :( thats bad... Take a look at this too: https://www.border.gov.au/Trav/Visa...nt-checklist?tab=1&heading=document-checklist

If nothing works out go for Tourist and then apply for partner VISA
Yeah. I'm actually thinking for tourist visa first as processing time is less compared to these other visas. But I want to know if my fiancee raise tourist visa and after marriage I raise partner visa will there be any problem? Because if I sponsor her tourist visa then definitely they will need marriage certificate and all which might take time.

I want to bring her with me.

·
Registered
458 Posts
Yeah. I'm actually thinking for tourist visa first as processing time is less compared to these other visas. But I want to know if my fiancee raise tourist visa and after marriage I raise partner visa will there be any problem? Because if I sponsor her tourist visa then definitely they will need marriage certificate and all which might take time.

I want to bring her with me.
It wont be a problem...take tourist VISA for now... once you have all relevant documents go for partner VISA...tourist VISA maximum they will give for 12 months and she has to come back for 6months and then again you can get tourist VISA... the logic is given a period of 18 months a person is allowed to stay only for 12 months max...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts