Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi fellow mates,
I have a situation: My parents are in Australia under visa 600, they were granted that visa for a year with maximum stay 6 months per entry.

To comply with max. 6 months stay, we already booked flights for Kuala Lumpur. But now worried about all these travel bans and about the exposition of the virus.

Is there any way that the condition of 'max. stay' could be flexed? or any other ways to deal with the situation? - please advise!

·
Registered
24,721 Posts
Hi fellow mates,
I have a situation: My parents are in Australia under visa 600, they were granted that visa for a year with maximum stay 6 months per entry.

To comply with max. 6 months stay, we already booked flights for Kuala Lumpur. But now worried about all these travel bans and about the exposition of the virus.

Is there any way that the condition of 'max. stay' could be flexed? or any other ways to deal with the situation? - please advise!
There is a good chance that they may get relaxation
Apply ASAP
You anyways have nothing to lose even if they deny your request

Cheers

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
There is a good chance that they may get relaxation
Apply ASAP
You anyways have nothing to lose even if they deny your request

Cheers
Thanks NB! Is there any particular route to apply? For now, I will contact the department and explain the situation and let's see what they say.

·
Registered
39 Posts
@scborty1612 did you get in touch with the immi dept, please share any update we are in the same situation, I've been trying to reach them on phone and unable to get thru due to long waiting times.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
@scborty1612 did you get in touch with the immi dept, please share any update we are in the same situation, I've been trying to reach them on phone and unable to get thru due to long waiting times.
Nope, not yet. I will phone them tomorrow and try my luck to have a chat with them. Sure, will share the board with any updates.

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
Hi fellow mates,

There are many people in same situation and they are being given waivers for maximum stay period and no further stay. Check out the link below

https://immi.homeaffairs.gov.au/vis...aivers-and-permissions/no-further-stay-waiver

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
There are many people in same situation and they are being given waivers for maximum stay period and no further stay. Check out the link below

https://immi.homeaffairs.gov.au/vis...aivers-and-permissions/no-further-stay-waiver
Thanks Mustafa! actually, we don't have the condition 'no-further-stay' attached with the visa. So, the waiver doesn't apply in our case.

I just had a chat with the department; they don't have anything in particular for this situation and suggested to reapply for the visa if we don't want to leave the country - which honestly makes no sense!!

·
Registered
66 Posts
Oh yes, we have 'no-further-stay'
This below site clarifies on waivers and extensions in case if you have not already visited

https://covid19.homeaffairs.gov.au/

Anyone applied for 600 visa for spouse and waiting for result? I did ~5 weeks ago and don't know status on processing/when things move further.. Any experiences on approvals/hold/withdrawals..etc?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts