Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi guys,

this is my second visit to australia and i am certain i want to stay, the problem is i am here on a tourist visa and have already used my working holiday visa a couple of years ago.
I am a qualified carpenter and experienced contracts manager and am going to contact some recruitment agencies today, im just asking if anyone knows of anyone who has successfully found sponsoship with a company from a tourist visa??
is this possible and legal ??

regards

andy

·
Registered
3,375 Posts
Hi Andy:

It's not legal.

At some point you would have to leave AU, so you could certainly make contacts but no way can the AU company employ you while you are a visitor. In fact if Immi gets any proof they offer to employ you while you are a visitor they will cancel your visitor visa and kick you out of AU and probably not let you in for years.

So here's how it works:
1. You can make contacts with an AU company
2. They then need to sponsor you for a job
3. You need to leave AU as a visitor
4. If Immi accepts the sponsorship from the AU company you then apply for a 457
5. X number of months later (2-6) the 457 is fully processed
6. You go to the AU consulate/embassy in your home country to get a AU visa sticker
7. You enter AU on your 457 Visa

hi guys,

this is my second visit to australia and i am certain i want to stay, the problem is i am here on a tourist visa and have already used my working holiday visa a couple of years ago.
I am a qualified carpenter and experienced contracts manager and am going to contact some recruitment agencies today, im just asking if anyone knows of anyone who has successfully found sponsoship with a company from a tourist visa??
is this possible and legal ??

regards

andy

1 - 2 of 2 Posts