Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
410 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
Can people share places of tourist interest all over australia....It could be a local tourist spot or anything that a backpacker would like....I am an avid traveller myself.....

·
Registered
716 Posts
Great Ocean Road. Thread closed :p

Jokes aside, there's plenty to see...Great Ocean Road, Mount Buller and Mount Bawbaw, Mount Dandenong, The Puffing Billy Railway, Eureka Skydeck, Melbourne Museum, Immigration Museum, Old Melbourne Gaol, Rialto Observation Deck (Choose 1 between Eureka and Rialto), National Gallery of Victoria, Royal Botanical Gardens to name some more in Victoria...

And ofcourse Melbourne Zoo, Taronga Zoo (Sydney), Healseville Sanctuary...there's also Grampians National Park etc...

In NT there's the Uluru (Ayers Rock), and I think kakadu National park is also in NT...

·
Registered
6,235 Posts
Mount Gambier - the blue lake, Umpherstons sink hole (especially if you like to see possums). It's at the end of the Great Ocean Road.

·
Registered
3,375 Posts
Manly - ferry from Circular Quay
Palm Beach - end of Sydney, last beach in the North East of Sydney
Bondi Beach
Great Barrier Reef (start at Cairns, many tours available, including Diving)
Tasmania
Hunter Valley (wine Country)
Far North Queensland - Daintree Rainforest
National Parks (many to choose from).
West Australia - Ningaloo Reef

It's just a small sampling.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Gold coast! Thats where we are from! Great Place. Australia has heaps to offer. I would also suggest north queensland, Great barrier reef, Keppel Island, The Cape. I too agree wiht great ocean road. It all depends on what you like to do...

·
Registered
48 Posts
One of my favourite spots in Australia is Far North Queensland. There's so much to see and do but the highlights are the Great Barrier Reef islands, Kuranda, Atherton Tablelands, Mossman Gorge and the Daintree Rainforest to name just a few.

For more info head to the Queensland Holidays website which is loaded with info and photos.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Make sure you hit the mountains during winter for snow!! LOVE it when it's all cold and white :)
Skiing is tons of fun!
I completely agree the Alps are a must for Winter breaks. I spend a lot of time in the Vic Alps at Hotham as I am an avid snowboarder. The mountain accommodation is a bit expensive so I stay in Bright down in the valley.

Bright is somewhere I would recommend people to visit any time of year as it is an awesome little town with lots to do such as paragliding, mountain biking, winery tours, hiking on Mount Buffalo, kayaking on the River Ovens. The scenery is breath taking. I never get bored of going there.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.