Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi
I've just got back from holiday in Brisbane had to apply for a 676 visa as I have a criminal record, obviously I got the visa & loved the place & want to move out.

Now because I got the 676 does it mean that my criminal record would be ok on a works visa & because I supplied bank details works history savings etc would I have more chance of been successful, I have a fiend who will employ me while i'm over there but his company do not sponsor.

I need to know what would be the best visa to go for I've looked at the 175 & 457 is there much difference & what are the turnaround times or are there any other visas as I'm 40 in six months & would lose 5 points on the age rule & that would put me down to 115 points

I'm a greenkeeper so i'm on the skills list

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
3,375 Posts
You should go for a 175 or 176 as those are PR visas. 457 is a temp visa (max 4 yrs). They may have different criteria for what passes on a PR visa than a visitor visa so no guarantee that the criminal record check OK for one is still OK for the other.

Without sponsorship you will be looking at a 2-3 yr wait before the visa is granted. With sponsorship you could have it < 12 months.

Hi
I've just got back from holiday in Brisbane had to apply for a 676 visa as I have a criminal record, obviously I got the visa & loved the place & want to move out.

Now because I got the 676 does it mean that my criminal record would be ok on a works visa & because I supplied bank details works history savings etc would I have more chance of been successful, I have a fiend who will employ me while i'm over there but his company do not sponsor.

I need to know what would be the best visa to go for I've looked at the 175 & 457 is there much difference & what are the turnaround times or are there any other visas as I'm 40 in six months & would lose 5 points on the age rule & that would put me down to 115 points

I'm a greenkeeper so i'm on the skills list

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You should go for a 175 or 176 as those are PR visas. 457 is a temp visa (max 4 yrs). They may have different criteria for what passes on a PR visa than a visitor visa so no guarantee that the criminal record check OK for one is still OK for the other.

Without sponsorship you will be looking at a 2-3 yr wait before the visa is granted. With sponsorship you could have it < 12 months.
Thanks for that, what about the age if it's granted in 3 years i'll be 42 will my age not stop me or will it go from the date I applied.

anymore ifo from anyone would be great

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thanks

i think visa grant also will depends on what 'type' of criminial record you have.
Hi

A couple of assaults & drunk & disorderlies & very minor offences dating back 20 years

The most recent offence was over FOUR years ago and I've never had a custodial sentence so never been in jail

1 - 6 of 6 Posts