Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I want to study tourism/travel management in Spain. Is it a good place to study tourism.

What about getting a job post study for gaining work experience?
Please share your experience or if you have any knowledge of this field.

·
Registered
17,566 Posts
Hi,

I want to study tourism/travel management in Spain. Is it a good place to study tourism.

What about getting a job post study for gaining work experience?
Please share your experience or if you have any knowledge of this field.
Many of Spain's younger persons also study tourism and are highly qualified in the subject but there is little work or even work experience which is often used by those offering such positions as a way of getting a job done very cheaply or even for nothing.

As far as jobs are concerned employers have to show that there was no EU person available to take a post before offering it to a non-EU person.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks a lot for the information. I can understand the situation it's quite similar to my country.

·
Registered
19,352 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks peaky! But can you please share if you have any idea about the job prospects. It is difficult it seems. Is your friend from Spain only?

·
Registered
19,352 Posts
Thanks peaky! But can you please share if you have any idea about the job prospects. It is difficult it seems. Is your friend from Spain only?
My friend has 3 passports, and is bilingual, but didn't do well at school. He has experience working in the USA and on a carribean island and is now studying in this place.
But he's young and he'd like to be based in Spain and the stats are what they are. Look at my signature...

·
Registered
366 Posts
My ex-Spanish student has a degree in tourism (along with other qualifications), speaks and writes in English and has some French, she lives in Salamanca and has been looking all over Spain for a job in tourism. So far, she has been unsuccessful.
I understand that the university near her is highly thought of and would be a good place to study, in a lively area too!

·
Registered
1,377 Posts
There is always some minor need for bilingual or trilingual tour guides here but they MUST know the areas inside and out. I suggest starting with a large travel agency to check on attaching to a travel guide network for a specific area. Also, doing poorly in school is nothing. I never opened a book till halfway through college but managed to eventually get a PhD in Psychology. ,

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks everyone for your time and efforts. Actually in my case I did school and college with good grades..currently working as a software engineer in a reputed company. I have a work exp of 6 years. But my true calling in life is to travel and help people who wants to travel.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts