Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I have done my mechanical Engg in 2002 and working as IT professional since 2004 till now with 11yrs of total experience.

I heard that if the graduation is in other disciplines, then ACS will reduce the overall exp by 4yrs? is this true? In this case 11- 4 = 7yrs where I will be getting lesser points!

Please clarify?

Regards
MM

·
Registered
973 Posts
Hi mate,
Sorry to be the one to bring the bad news. As you have done mechanical engineering and claiming points for IT you may have to go via the RPL route. And ACS will deduct 6 years from your total experience as your degree is not related to your occupation.
I would suggest that you explore this forum for more details.
And plan accordingly

Hi,

I have done my mechanical Engg in 2002 and working as IT professional since 2004 till now with 11yrs of total experience.

I heard that if the graduation is in other disciplines, then ACS will reduce the overall exp by 4yrs? is this true? In this case 11- 4 = 7yrs where I will be getting lesser points!

Please clarify?

Regards
MM

·
Registered
104 Posts
Hi,

Please clarify?

Regards
MM
I got 8 years deduction from total 12 year.
Just make sure you evaluate all points accordingly.

Best wishes,
Sk

1 - 3 of 3 Posts