Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I will be applying to immigrate to Ontario soon. I realy want tio try to get into an area of the GTA where my 13-yr-old daughter can attend a school with a great visual arts program. I would also like to be near public transportation, at least the GO. Any suggestions?

·
Banned
709 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Looks like a good option, one I had not considered...thanks! Anyone know of one closer to the airport?

·
Registered
2,388 Posts
Closer? This is about 30 minutes away from the airport... Do you work at the airport, or do you want to rent close to the airport? (lots of noise!)

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I am just trying to find several options. Markham is close enough to be ok, but the less he has to drive, the better. I am not sure where I will work, but either Mississauga or inside Toronto are my best bets since I am in biotech & related. My main goal for right now is to explore the options.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yes, thank you! I will definitely go tio see the neighbourhood when I am up there in May. Then hopefully when our paperwork goes through, I will be able to locate a place to rent within the boundaries of this school or one like it.

·
Banned
709 Posts
Yes, thank you! I will definitely go tio see the neighbourhood when I am up there in May. Then hopefully when our paperwork goes through, I will be able to locate a place to rent within the boundaries of this school or one like it.
Your child needs to apply to the Arts program and be accepted, same as Arts Unionville. You don't just to attend the Arts program. Since it is one of only two schools offering the regional arts program in Peel, you don't have to live in the traditional boundaries for the standard secondary school. I was accepted to Arts Unionville but lived WAY outside the standard secondary school boundaries (there were at least 7 other SS between where I lived and Unionville).

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I appreciate that info. We are aware she will have to apply, and she is only grade 7 right now. Once we move, she may have a bit of a wait to apply, but it will be preferable for her if she changes schools as few times as possible, and at least need to find out in which region I should try to find a place to live.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.