Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Coming over to Dubai (pre-emigrating visit) in 4-5 weeks time with our 7 and 3 year old boys. Would love to hear your tips about where to take them etc. also any tips about stuff we can investigate prior to moving 4 months away ??

·
Registered
37 Posts
Oh I am very interested in this too, our boys are 9 and 7. Want to show then the fun side of Dubai as they are reluctant to leave their friends in England! My husband moving out in sept and myself and bots following jan. we are coming out on our visit end of may. What temp will it be then? Will it be too hot to go to the beach??

·
Registered
275 Posts
Sevenoaks1 said:
Oh I am very interested in this too, our boys are 9 and 7. Want to show then the fun side of Dubai as they are reluctant to leave their friends in England! My husband moving out in sept and myself and bots following jan. we are coming out on our visit end of may. What temp will it be then? Will it be too hot to go to the beach??
It would be too hot during the day but id say from around 4ish onwards you would be ok for the couple of hours :) mini monsters on sheikh zayed road is a favourite of my kids, fab indoor jungle gym pay area with great food, there are umpteen magic planets which is like an arcade/amusement place, kidzania is an absolute must its amazeballs, the aquarium, the dolphin shows, ski dubai, little explorers......the list is endless!! You will have a great time but dont forget your wallet :) it all adds up x

·
Registered
22 Posts
Hi there,

My boys are 9,7 & 5. When it's too hot to be out they love ice skating at Dubai Mall, Magic Planet at Mall of the Emirates, hiring go-karts at Creek park after 4pm when it's cooler and just generally running around in any parks - there are loads all over Dubai! You really can't go wrong with a waterpark and there's Wild Wadi or Aquaventure at the Atlantis to name a couple. Mine love the Burj Khalifa at night when it's all lit up just outside Dubai Mall, and the "dancing fountain" show at the same place every half hour from 6pm. That's just for starters - there's loads to do with kids here indoors and out.

My boys were all devastated to be leaving friends and family at home. A couple of weeks of being unsettled and that was that. Now they don't ever want to live in the UK again so don't worry about them settling. Kids are much more adaptable than we give them credit for.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Fantastic info, thanks. Must say I'm excited now as well. Sounds as if there is more than enough to keep them entertained inside and out!

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Sevenoaks1 said:
Fantastic info, thanks. Must say I'm excited now as well. Sounds as if there is more than enough to keep them entertained inside and out!
Me too ! Very excited. Thanks for all the advice guys. At the mo my 7 year old thinks it will just be a far away holiday but sounds promising so I think he will be happy to go and live there :)

·
Registered
572 Posts
Ours are 7 and 4 and they have a lot of school clubs and activities so finding a good school (without a huge waiting list!) will be #1 priority as this may also have a bearing on where you live.

At the weekends, and school holidays, the advice above is pretty much spot on.

Outside of the hot Summer Months, Safa Park is a great family day out for a picnic etc.

We're off to Al Ain Zoo at the weekend for the first time.

:)

·
Registered
275 Posts
Gavtek said:
If I ever hear anyone say "amazeballs" I will literally poke them in the eye.
each to there own, I'm not as judgmental as you seem to be and I reckon people can talk as they please, so can I...deal with it or jog on.... Thanks!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.