Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Too much proof of communication?

1K views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  ddang 
#1 ·
Hey everyone! A few simple questions.. basically: how much is too much? As a rule of thumb, I'm attempting to show we've been in contact each month since our relationship excluding the time we were actually together.

- Does the amount of flights we've taken to see each other in the past few years (16 total) show proof that we've been communicating? They've been roughly every 6 weeks on average.

- I have our entire Skype log from a few years ago up until a year go (2011-nov 2012). Is that too many pieces of paper? I'd gladly cut it down by half.

- Between the end of the Skype log (nov 2012) and today, I don't have much proof. We spent less time on skype and more on communicating through text messages. I'm not sure my phone even has all of them because we text all day. Emails between nov 2012 and now are sparse. Any suggestions? We have call logs from September-recent.

Thanks again everyone!!! Really really appreciate all the help.

#2 ·
I would show that y'all communicated every month just a message or two. If you have phone calls or text you should be able to get those from your phone provider. I don't think I'd send all of it in as that would be over kill but I'd definitely send in when y'all first began talking up into the present. Still some folks here might say every month is still to much. I must sent in emails and skype calls and messages. In my opinion I'd definitely send in all the flights as you'll have to put those on your application any way. I just sent in printouts of our flight itinerary, we had about 13 between us within 3 years. I might of over killed my application but to me I'd rather have more than enough proof than not enough lol

#6 ·
The purpose of communication record is to show that during periods you were apart, there were continued devotion and commitment. If your relationship is rather short, then you need more evidence but if it's over several years, all you need is representative example for every 6-month period. All that is required is screenshot of email headers showing date, sender and recipient (but not actual content), and Skype log and similar. Even for a long-standing relationship, it shouldn't come to any more than about 10 A4 pages. Some people send 100s pages - way too much, ECO won't look at them closely and will probably get rather irritated.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.