Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6,007 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Since we all share this site as expats or expat wanna-be's. Here is one that was just too good to pass up. So straight from CNN, here is a new article on the 10 most hated airports in the world. A good read and unfortunately true at that. Enjoy.

Gene...

Read The Story: 10 of the world's most hated airports #2 | CNNGo.com
source: CNNgo.com

·
Administrator
51,630 Posts
Boy, they sure got that right!!

Haven't flown to or through Heathrow or LAX in a LONG time. (Used to actually like Heathrow - at least for the shopping in the terminal.) Have always avoided NY Kennedy.

But I will agree that Roissy CDG (what the locals here call Charles de Gaulle airport) is probably the worst airport in the world, even after making allowances for it being in Paris.

I had the "pleasure" of flying out of Terminal 2E about a month after it first opened (and it wasn't really finished at that time), and then, 11 months later, it fell down, killing a couple of people. Never trusted the place since. For all their hype about the fancy schmancy architects who designed the terminals, I find them all incredibly ugly and poorly designed from a customer point of view. Oh well... I don't fly that many places these days.
Cheers,
Bev

·
Registered
17,566 Posts
My experiences of LHR have always been fine - much depends on where and with whom you are flying.

Also based on my experience the WORST airport I have ever been mistreated in was JFK followed closely by Newark and Atlanta MIA is not far behind. CDG, I have always found OK but Orly was better. MAD can be pretty awful (or was 15-20 yrs ago), especially when one has a four hour wait between flights in the middle of the night. The best airport has been GRX (Granada) even flying Ryanair before they got peeved because the local council wouldn't give them more subsidy to run their already full flights.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.