Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

Have a bit of an issue that I'd appreciate some guidance on:

My wife's American passport expired, so we got it renewed last month, intending to use the expired passport when traveling and wait until our FLR(m) renewal date (next March/April) to get the Biometric Card sorted. Trouble is she has now been offered a new job, to which her expired passport is of no use.

Her future employer have been good and are requesting we get the paperwork sent off and case number in hand asap. I've had a look and just have some questions,

1. When filling out the TOC form, is the original (now expired) passport information the visa was issued in required, or the new passport?
2. If biometrics were already taken when applying for the FLM(m) visa, do they need to be resubmitted? Or will the original Biometrics (taken in USA) be sufficient? It makes no mention on the form, but does allow you to add location where previous Biometrics were taken.
3. To confuse matters, her now expired passport was in her maiden name, and her new one is updated. Will that cause any issues, or will the TOC allow for this update all in the same application?

Here is the link to the TOC form: https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/606338/TOC-04-17.pdf

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

·
Registered
39,103 Posts
#1 Both.
#2 Yes. She will be asked to submit her biometrics at a post office.
#3 She is supposed to get BRP in her new name within 3 months.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the info Joppa. Couple of things on point 3:

I neglected to say that the original visa was issues as a stamp/page in the passport, so this is a transfer to move the visa from the expired passport to a new BRP. Does that make any difference to the application? Or do you mean that the name change is required within 3 months of the name update anyway? Either way i think we're covered now...

Thanks again for your help!

·
Registered
39,103 Posts
If there is a substantial change in her status, and name change will be one, she is required to apply for BRP through TOC if her overall stay exceeds 6 months.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.