Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4,037 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone else noticed that all the 'pipe tobacco' has disappeared from the estanco's ? I asked the other day in one I use in Águilas & the girl told me that the government had instructed them to withdraw it all until it was subject to re-classification. ( The price /tax will go up ! :rolleyes:)
Having lost in excess of a billion euros in tobacco tax last year due to the tax increase do they honestly think that after re-classification & tax increase people will still be buying it ? :confused2:

·
Registered
7,282 Posts
No I haven't noticed that but then I haven't been a pipe smoker for about 5 years now. Tax on pipe tobacco in the UK has traditionally been kept low as pipes are usually smoked by older people. I started when I was 18 and took some stick for it at that age I can tell you!

Here is my avatar from another forum:

The other thing I noticed recently is that cigars and tobacco (but not cigarettes) have recently been back on sale at our local filling station.

G

·
I find it weird that you (normally) can`t buy tobacco at garages here, you have to go to a Stanco. ****, cigarette papers, but no baccy.

Eh?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts