Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi I've SN 190 for Victoria, which was granted to me in July 2014, Now I want to move to Australia, to search for job and accommodation.

Morally I should go to Victoria, i.e. Melbourne, However the job market of NSW seems to be bigger than that of Melbourne. (Please correct me if i'm wrong).

However the other side of coin of moving to Sydney, is higher cost of living.
so, to find affordable places, we need to move as far as 20-25 km away from the CBD, the prices are still 25% higher than that of a place 7-10 km away from melbourne CBD.

So I'm a bit confused while choosing between them.

Also let me know, which are the places in Sydney where you can find affordable houses for rent.

Thank you

·
Registered
832 Posts
Hi I've SN 190 for Victoria, which was granted to me in July 2014, Now I want to move to Australia, to search for job and accommodation.

Morally I should go to Victoria, i.e. Melbourne, However the job market of NSW seems to be bigger than that of Melbourne. (Please correct me if i'm wrong).

so, to find affordable places, we need to move as far as 20-25 km away from the CBD, the prices are still 25% higher than that of a place 7-10 km away from melbourne CBD.

Also let me know, which are the places in Sydney where you can find affordable houses for rent.

Thank you
Melbourne is not too far behind compared to Sydney, in terms of IT job opportunities. Besides, you have obtained VIC state sponsorship as well. So my suggestion would be to go and search in Melbourne first. Besides, if you get a job offer from Sydney you can just move.

Reactions: samdam

·
Registered
208 Posts

Thank you
Go to melbourne you shall love the city, its voted best city to live in and i cherish the time when i was there. Both cities have similar opportunities and at the end total no of people in NSW viz opportunities cancel out the advantages.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Go to melbourne you shall love the city, its voted best city to live in and i cherish the time when i was there. Both cities have similar opportunities and at the end total no of people in NSW viz opportunities cancel out the advantages.

Yeah I had been to Melbourne to Activate My PR, so was thinking of having look around in Sydeny and then decide, Say what?

·
Registered
3,427 Posts

I would suggest you to move to Melbourne. IT's a very LIVEABLE and LOVABLE city.

THEN based on job search experience there you may chose to move to Sydney.

Thank you

Reactions: samdam

·
Registered
5 Posts
hey
this ques is still unanswered in my books as well...
For what I have heard sydney has more opportunities but for the competent candidates...
Whereas Mel has fewer opportunities but lesser competition as well...so if you feel you are competent enough than go for Sydney else settle for Mel...not to say that Sydney has better people than Mel...but you understand what point I am trying to drive home...no disrespect intended...
Lemme know if what I am saying makes any sense..
Cheers!
Adi

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks I've heard the same :) so felt like putting that information to test and seek a few opinions :) thanks for the update :) probably not confused anymore ;)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts