Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
977 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ha! That title caught your attention didn't it?

Apologies to Elevenses, however, I'm not referring to your type of swinging!

It's now time for us to start using our Air Conditioning units. The pedestal fans have been great this far, but we need to get some real comfort and start using the big boys at certain times of the day! Now we don't intend to use them a great deal as we don't believe that they are that healthy, so when we do use them, we want to make the most of them.

Trouble is, we have 5 x AC units and 5 x remote controls but no instructions. A search of the Internet has not been able to find the manuals online either (our units are Fujico).

The picture below shows the remote. A lot of it is obvious and I can work it out for myself, but the purpose of this thread is to find out more in order to get more from the units. Can anyone help with the following:

1. Mode. Options are Auto, cool, dry, heat, fan. Is it better to just keep to "Auto" and let the unit work out what's needed? What is the "dry" option for?

2. Economic running. The advantage, is presumably on the pocket, but what, if any, are the disadvantages of this setting?

3. Temperature. What's the optimum temperature to set for comfort and economy?

4. Swing. To swing or not to swing? - that is the question!

Attachments

·
Registered
2,205 Posts
1. Dry is for dehumidifying. I understand that the air is cooled to condense out moisture and is then reheated back to the set temperature. It then leaves the unit at the this temperature but with lower humidity.

2. I think this may be manufacturer dependent and as we don't have this so I can't help.

3. Optimum temperature is 23-25 C.

4. Swinging depends on how the air circulates in your room from the aircon. Try it and see if you want it swinging or whether you want to stop it at a particular opening angle.

Pete

P.S. Too much swingin' is dodgy on a Sunday Night! Remember Norman?

·
Registered
977 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
1. Dry is for dehumidifying. I understand that the air is cooled to condense out moisture and is then reheated back to the set temperature. It then leaves the unit at the this temperature but with lower humidity.

2. I think this may be manufacturer dependent and as we don't have this so I can't help.

3. Optimum temperature is 23-25 C.

4. Swinging depends on how the air circulates in your room from the aircon. Try it and see if you want it swinging or whether you want to stop it at a particular opening angle.

Pete

P.S. Too much swingin' is dodgy on a Sunday Night! Remember Norman?
Many thanks Pete - as always, this was really helpful. It's surprising, when you've never had to use something before - like using an AC unit or looking after a swimming pool - how perplexing things seem at first, until you are told.

They say that most men (and I include myself in this statement) never read manuals or instructions. However, when they're not available in the first place, we really miss them!

PS

Yes, I well remember Norman Vaughan in Saturday Night at the London Palladium with his "swinging" and "dodgy" catchphrase! Memories!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts