Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Friends,

Can someone guide me how to obtain UK pcc from India?

Thanks!
Saranya

·
Registered
89 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Hi , can i do this through any agency? Like vfs global? Any idea????

·
Registered
78 Posts
Hi , can i do this through any agency? Like vfs global? Any idea????
No idea about above query....
I also applied through online portal of ACRO website, I would recommend you to read their FAQs section carefully and thoroughly before applying. The requirements and the process are straight-forward.

Be careful about the addresses especially the postal address and the address you want to be mentioned on your certificate which will be the current address(recommended to be same as your usual country of residence address). Another thing to note is choosing appropriate postal service. A forum member(based in india) who applied via post received his certificate in just 5 days via standard post from UK.

Hope above info helpd....

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
No idea about above query....
I also applied through online portal of ACRO website, I would recommend you to read their FAQs section carefully and thoroughly before applying. The requirements and the process are straight-forward.

Be careful about the addresses especially the postal address and the address you want to be mentioned on your certificate which will be the current address(recommended to be same as your usual country of residence address). Another thing to note is choosing appropriate postal service. A forum member(based in india) who applied via post received his certificate in just 5 days via standard post from UK.

Hope above info helpd....
Thanks a lot! that was pretty clear. What should i do for the endorsement? I guess am asking too many questions. It would be really grt if u could help with this one lat question too :)

·
Registered
78 Posts
Thanks a lot! that was pretty clear. What should i do for the endorsement? I guess am asking too many questions. It would be really grt if u could help with this one lat question too :)
You are most welcome mate, no worries at all, we are here to help each other and provide practical advises to one another based on our experiences..thts brotherhood !

Well, if you are applying online, then you will just need to put details of your endorser and off course before this let that person know that you have forwarded his details as endorser in case they call him so he should know. More details about who is an endorser and can be an endorser is mentioned in FAQs section of Acro website : https://www.acro.police.uk/Police_Certificates_FAQs.aspx

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
You are most welcome mate, no worries at all, we are here to help each other and provide practical advises to one another based on our experiences..thts brotherhood !

Well, if you are applying online, then you will just need to put details of your endorser and off course before this let that person know that you have forwarded his details as endorser in case they call him so he should know. More details about who is an endorser and can be an endorser is mentioned in FAQs section of Acro website : https://www.acro.police.uk/Police_Certificates_FAQs.aspx

Thats very nice of you :) thanks a lot for all the intricate details provided!

·
Registered
1 Posts
UK PCC and Apostille from India

Thats very nice of you :) thanks a lot for all the intricate details provided!
I am looking to Apply the UK PCC from India and also Apostille service for same certificate PCC.

I have below questions can some one please answer.

1. Address in Passport and current address is different , Can I sumbitt current address proofs or only Passport address.

If current address I have Bank statement , IBM Issued company letter head address proof.

Only Address in Passport - I have aadhar card - that address my parents will stay - but courier to that address is difficult and it takes time as it is small village

2. Endorsement - Can I give my college Name and Phone Number in India , What questions they will ask if they make call ?

3. Does Apostille required for UK PCC - I am planning to apply Czech republic work permit. , If yes how to apply from India . Please share any Agents recommended.

·
Super Moderator
1,721 Posts
1: TWO proofs of your current address. Official correspondence showing your name and address both dated within the last 6 months. These cannot be hand written and envelopes will not be accepted as sufficient evidence. If these are not in English you will also need to provide a translation which may be hand written.

2: In order to satisfy ACRO requirements, your application must be endorsed by an individual employed as one of the profession listed on ACRO website

Hope this helps.

Girl Aussie

I am looking to Apply the UK PCC from India and also Apostille service for same certificate PCC.

I have below questions can some one please answer.

1. Address in Passport and current address is different , Can I sumbitt current address proofs or only Passport address.

If current address I have Bank statement , IBM Issued company letter head address proof.

Only Address in Passport - I have aadhar card - that address my parents will stay - but courier to that address is difficult and it takes time as it is small village

2. Endorsement - Can I give my college Name and Phone Number in India , What questions they will ask if they make call ?

3. Does Apostille required for UK PCC - I am planning to apply Czech republic work permit. , If yes how to apply from India . Please share any Agents recommended.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Query Regarding a UK PCC Certificate For Valid Proof for Current Address

Hi,

I need to apply for a UK PCC considering I stayed in UK for a period in 2008.
I see under UK PCC guideline, I need to include following for evidence of my current address.

"Proofs of your current address - You must upload TWO different proofs of address which clearly show your name and address, and one must be dated within the last six months. Your proofs must be in separate files. Valid proofs of address include bank statements, utility bills or phone bills. You can also provide letters from your doctor, dentist, school or college if they are signed and dated on company headed paper."

I dont receive Paper Bank Statements and also most of my utility Bills are in name of my father considering I live with them. What can be submitted as valid proof of my current residence. All my ID Proofs are on my current address of stay.

Thanks for advise in advance.

·
Registered
4,230 Posts
Hi,

I need to apply for a UK PCC considering I stayed in UK for a period in 2008.
I see under UK PCC guideline, I need to include following for evidence of my current address.

"Proofs of your current address - You must upload TWO different proofs of address which clearly show your name and address, and one must be dated within the last six months. Your proofs must be in separate files. Valid proofs of address include bank statements, utility bills or phone bills. You can also provide letters from your doctor, dentist, school or college if they are signed and dated on company headed paper."

I dont receive Paper Bank Statements and also most of my utility Bills are in name of my father considering I live with them. What can be submitted as valid proof of my current residence. All my ID Proofs are on my current address of stay.

Thanks for advise in advance.
I went to my doctor and asked him to write one. Or you can just go to your school, college or uni and ask one.

Also go to your bank and ask for a paper statement with your name, address and date.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I went to my doctor and asked him to write one. Or you can just go to your school, college or uni and ask one.

Also go to your bank and ask for a paper statement with your name, address and date.
I receive my bank statements online as PDF. UK PCC provides option to apply online. What are the valid remarks on statement to valdiate the document. Is the UK PCC looking for a stamp from the bank.

Thanks

·
Registered
4,230 Posts
I receive my bank statements online as PDF. UK PCC provides option to apply online. What are the valid remarks on statement to valdiate the document. Is the UK PCC looking for a stamp from the bank.

Thanks
Well then submit the online pdf one, much better !

As long as it has your banks name, logo and everything as you usually get in a paper and not in a white sheet of paper with no name or logo, then its fine. If its colour, no need for stamp or notarized or anything.

If it is something like this, then acceptable: https://secure.tcfbank.com/tcf/OnlineBanking/Tour/images/OnlineStatements01.gif

·
Registered
34 Posts

·
Registered
4,230 Posts
I got mine from this site too. I can say that it is safe.

I got mine in 5 working days time and I'd taken their express service which cost me 120 pound sterling!
That's a lot. I usually use the normal service and I think it costs £45.00 and you can get it in 2 weeks. I usually send it to my aunt in USA as the post goes quicker to USA compared to Bangladesh where it would take 2-3 months and it may get lost in the mail. You only need a scan copy so my aunt just scan and send it me. Much cheaper option if you have friends/family in western countries.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Help - UK PCC

That's a lot. I usually use the normal service and I think it costs £45.00 and you can get it in 2 weeks. I usually send it to my aunt in USA as the post goes quicker to USA compared to Bangladesh where it would take 2-3 months and it may get lost in the mail. You only need a scan copy so my aunt just scan and send it me. Much cheaper option if you have friends/family in western countries.

Hi Zaback & Other Seniors,

I am in the process of obtaining UK PCC for my stays there in 2012 and 2014.

However, I am a bit confused about the process and details mentioned on the website.

I would be really grateful if you can please assist me with the below queries of mine:

1. Proofs of Current Address - I am an Indian Passport Holder, an expat in Malaysia for the past couple of years - So, here which address shall I give - "Indian Permanent Address" or "My Current Malaysia Address".
I understand, the point clearly says current address but, I am skeptical because of the fact that if I give my Malaysian address it might print it on the certificate and this might differ from my address on other documents.

Please let me know which address shall I give here?

2. Your address history - Do we need to give only UK address of the past 10 years or All addresses we stayed at in the last 10 years (even outside UK)?

3. Any proofs for the past 10 years addresses?

4. What if we don't remember the exact address and the dates we moved-in & out?

5. Endorser details - Endorser can be from any part of the world or only UK?

Sorry for a long message but, it would be really helpful if you can SHARE from YOUR PERSONAL EXPERIENCE abt the UK PCC.

Thanks in anticipation. Much Appreciated!!!!

·
Registered
111 Posts

However, I am a bit confused about the process and details mentioned on the website.

I would be really grateful if you can please assist me with the below queries of mine:

1. Proofs of Current Address - I am an Indian Passport Holder, an expat in Malaysia for the past couple of years - So, here which address shall I give - "Indian Permanent Address" or "My Current Malaysia Address".
I understand, the point clearly says current address but, I am skeptical because of the fact that if I give my Malaysian address it might print it on the certificate and this might differ from my address on other documents.

2. Your address history - Do we need to give only UK address of the past 10 years or All addresses we stayed at in the last 10 years (even outside UK)?

Sorry for a long message but, it would be really helpful if you can SHARE from YOUR PERSONAL EXPERIENCE abt the UK PCC.

Hi All,

Any help on my above queries would be great.
If anyone had or has recently applied for UK PCC can please share their experiences.

Please shed some light on these queries.

Many Thanks!!!!!

·
Registered
111 Posts

Experts/Seniors,

Can somebody please help me with above queries of mine regarding UK PCC?

Many Thanks!!!!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts