Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello forum friends,
My UK husband and I are setting a goal of moving back to the States Spring 2018. We want to first pay off the couple of credit cards and car loan that we currently have and also begin to sock away as much money as we can between now and then, to live on as we get settled there.
Is there anyone here who's done this? In the process already or thinking of it themselves? Would you have any advise/suggestions/warnings to share with me? A checklist of things to have done before we actually make the move? We want to do it properly and with enough time to avoid extra stress and not miss important deadlines.
I should mention that we are renting here in the UK, so no house here to sell. We will have a condo to live in when we move (my parents own) and my husband and I have no children.
Many thanks in advance,
Sarah

·
Registered
924 Posts
Hello forum friends,
My UK husband and I are setting a goal of moving back to the States Spring 2018. We want to first pay off the couple of credit cards and car loan that we currently have and also begin to sock away as much money as we can between now and then, to live on as we get settled there.
Is there anyone here who's done this? In the process already or thinking of it themselves? Would you have any advise/suggestions/warnings to share with me? A checklist of things to have done before we actually make the move? We want to do it properly and with enough time to avoid extra stress and not miss important deadlines.
I should mention that we are renting here in the UK, so no house here to sell. We will have a condo to live in when we move (my parents own) and my husband and I have no children.
Many thanks in advance,
Sarah
There is a whole new set of visa issues and hurdles involved in bringing your husband into the US. Your best bet for good advice would be to move your questions to the US forum.

·
Registered
675 Posts
What about your own UK immigration status?

If you have ILR, it would be best for you to apply for British Citizenship. Your ILR could be void if you leave the UK for more than two years.

https://www.gov.uk/becoming-a-british-citizen/if-your-spouse-is-a-british-citizen

As far as I know, Britain allows dual nationality.

https://www.gov.uk/dual-citizenship

By becoming a British Citizen before you leave for the US gives you the option to come back to the UK if things don't work out in the US. UK spouse visa rules is already very hard and it is likely to get harder in the years to come.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.