Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I would like to move to Dubai. I work in the IT field. Anyone knows best ways to find a job , any consultants or what is the best work around .

Help much appreciated .
Thanks

·
Super Moderator
Originally from UK but lived in many countries
6,963 Posts
Hi,
Best work around is to first install patience 8.0, followed by grovel 4.3a (build 69) then factor in some knock backs along the way.
Disappointment 5.0 is your biggest enemy here along with Passport Country (greatly affects Salary version).
Finally - there is loads of information in The "How to find jobs in Dubai/UAE" sticky at the top of the forum page!!
Best of luck!
Steve

·
Registered
203 Posts
My brother works at an IT multinational here, and he always says there is a huge shortage of qualified IT people in the networking, storage field and application development. If you have the right qualifications, and experience, it should be easy to get jobs with a good salary. If not, it is going to be very hard to compete with the the 1000's looking for a job here.

I would suggest to sent your CV with a good cover letter on your qualifications to the likes of HP, IBM, Oracle, Microsoft etc. They have the reputation to be excellent employers and they are always in search of qualified people; but it may take up to 6 months to get in there. In parallel, do loads of networking which speeds its up dramatically..... There are also many smaller companies that are great to work for... but again your qualifications are key...

·
Registered
23 Posts
Thank you very much for your reply . That was really helpful. Do you mind sharing your brothers email id , I am sure he would be able to give me loads of insight into this . my email id is /removed

Your help is much appreciated

Thanks a lot
Arun

My brother works at an IT multinational here, and he always says there is a huge shortage of qualified IT people in the networking, storage field and application development. If you have the right qualifications, and experience, it should be easy to get jobs with a good salary. If not, it is going to be very hard to compete with the the 1000's looking for a job here.

I would suggest to sent your CV with a good cover letter on your qualifications to the likes of HP, IBM, Oracle, Microsoft etc. They have the reputation to be excellent employers and they are always in search of qualified people; but it may take up to 6 months to get in there. In parallel, do loads of networking which speeds its up dramatically..... There are also many smaller companies that are great to work for... but again your qualifications are key...

·
Registered
864 Posts
...huge shortage of qualified IT people in the networking, storage field and application development...
beg to differ...

I get inundated with resume's every day of people from the sub continent who are qualified and have a decent-ish experience profile, at least on paper, of all three you refer to... not to mention the recruiters forwarding resume's to "see if there is any interest"...

·
Registered
2,636 Posts
Arun747, I understand you are looking to secure a job out here, and sincerely do hope you accomplish that task.

Having said that though, please stop asking members of the forum for their contact details. It is not what this forum is about.

Good luck.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I understand . My sincere Apologies .

Regards

Arun747, I understand you are looking to secure a job out here, and sincerely do hope you accomplish that task.

Having said that though, please stop asking members of the forum for their contact details. It is not what this forum is about.

Good luck.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I would suggest you to contact an online head hunters, and make post employment earning deal with him. They will arrange interviews for you, and once you get the job from one of those interviews they will charge you as per decided term.

Dubai was ranked 10th most expensive place as long as accommodation is concerned. So do keep that factor in your mind while negotiating the salary. Very best of luck. May you have the best. :)

Hi,

I would like to move to Dubai. I work in the IT field. Anyone knows best ways to find a job , any consultants or what is the best work around .

Help much appreciated .
Thanks

1 - 11 of 11 Posts