Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am a Uk national living in the Haute Savoie. MY wife is Filipino and has applied for a Titre de Sejour at the local Marie.
She has her application form which was stamped at the local Marie when she applied for the TdS.
We were supposed to receive a document from the Annecy Prefecture today (24/9/13) which was to have been collected at the Marie. Nothing arrived.
My wifes visa expires tomorrow (25/9/13).
The staff at the Marie will not advise what her position is and the prefecture has not answered my email inquiry.

Will my wife be in breach of her Visa conditions or is she allowed to stay because her application has been accepted and stamped from 2/8/13???

Thanks

·
Administrator
51,628 Posts
As long as your wife's application for a carte de séjour was accepted, I'd wait until you have some response from the Prefecture. I'm tempted to ask all sorts of questions about what sort of visa, etc. etc. but the way things work here, you have to wait until you receive the response to one request before you can regroup and try something else.

As long as she doesn't have any need to show her carte de séjour to anyone for anything in the next couple of weeks, just wait and see what the ultimate response is to her application.
Cheers,
Bev

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for your reply. Her visa is in the family re union category. She entered France on a Long Stay Visa limited to 90 days and only for France. (expiring today). We have been married for just over 15 months.
She will not have to show her TdS to anyone for some time and we are expecting a reply from the Prefecture on Friday (we were also expecting a response last Friday and this last Tuesday). So patience may this time be rewarded even though she may be in breach of her VISA.
Thanks for your reply.It was most helpful and if you have any more to add it would be most welcome
David

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.