Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

41 - 60 of 79 Posts

·
Registered
1,233 Posts
No, (actually yes, but with a break so I'm only in my third year). :cautious:
If the break was less than 2 years, it doesn't count:

"Si mon séjour en France depuis plusieurs années n’a pas été continu (si je suis par exemple rentré au Royaume Uni pendant un an) cela m’empêchera-t-il d’obtenir une carte de résident de 10 ans ? Non. Il convient de démontrer la date de la première installation en France. Si le séjour a été interrompu une ou plusieurs fois, cela n’impacte pas le calcul de la durée du séjour en France sauf si cette interruption a été de plus de deux ans consécutifs. "

FAQs top of page 3.

·
Registered
1,233 Posts
Hi Rob,
ok, thanks. That's helpful. I was an idiot leaving it so late, I dunno, I sort of hoped that it would be delayed again due to covid. More fool me.

I applied here: https://contacts-demarches.interieur.gouv.fr/brexit/brexit-residence-permit-application/ but I just googled the local prefecture, Montpellier, and I think I will try directly with them here: Etrangers en situation irrégulière / Préfecture de Montpellier / Titres de séjour pour les étrangers / Démarches étrangers / Démarches administratives / Accueil - Les services de l'État dans l'Hérault

I don't really want to discuss with my employer until I get this fixed, due to these uncertain times. Tis all a bit stressful.

Thanks again
See the FAQs, top of page 2 there is an email address to contact for those who don't receive the email about receipt of their application.

·
Registered
660 Posts
If the break was less than 2 years, it doesn't count:

"Si mon séjour en France depuis plusieurs années n’a pas été continu (si je suis par exemple rentré au Royaume Uni pendant un an) cela m’empêchera-t-il d’obtenir une carte de résident de 10 ans ? Non. Il convient de démontrer la date de la première installation en France. Si le séjour a été interrompu une ou plusieurs fois, cela n’impacte pas le calcul de la durée du séjour en France sauf si cette interruption a été de plus de deux ans consécutifs. "

FAQs top of page 3.
This is the case (although they haven't up dated thier site since the decree published in November - there is actually an allowable up to 5 year absence) BUT you need to have been reseident for at least 5 years before this rule comes into play.In clicky's case he was only here for 4 years before being away so this is therefore not allowable.

·
Registered
1,233 Posts
This is the case (although they haven't up dated thier site since the decree published in November - there is actually an allowable up to 5 year absence) BUT you need to have been reseident for at least 5 years before this rule comes into play.In clicky's case he was only here for 4 years before being away so this is therefore not allowable.
Oh, so sorry to have posted something that isn't correct. Though it seems that he cares for his young son, who is French (so I guess that would be because his mother is French - not sure). But it seems that the mother visits regularly, but Clickie refers to her as ex-madame, so I guess they are no longer a couple. Still, surely they would not make Clickie leave if there is a shared care arrangement in place. I don't know, but it seems to me that would go against French norms in such cases. What a mess!

Edit:
I am sure I saw a much more extensive list of FAQs somewhere, but perhaps they too are out of date.

·
Registered
1,469 Posts
I made my application for the WA card when the subject first came up on the forum
but just got a laconic "you have made a demand on gouv.fr website"
with no ref number or mention as to the nature of the demand.

I've moved home 5 times since
so reading this thread prompted me to remake a demand in case the "gouv" lost track of me
This time I got a ref number & snagged screenshots of all that for safe-keeping.

Thanks for the thread, people ;)

·
Registered
660 Posts
Oh, so sorry to have posted something that isn't correct.
Wow that was harsh! I was just trying to help and spell out clearly what the situation is for absences, it wasn't a go at you. It is just super important that people have the right information, I deal with people everyday at work calling with misinformation about what they have read online about their CDS and they are stressed and worried so I do try to say so if I notice something not quite right. It is a really complicated subject, a few things have changed over time and there are lots of grey areas etc.

Still, surely they would not make Clickie leave if there is a shared care arrangement in place. I don't know, but it seems to me that would go against French norms in such cases. What a mess!
Of course they wont' make him leave even without the WA CDS he would be able to stay because of his son.

·
Registered
1,233 Posts
Wow that was harsh! I was just trying to help and spell out clearly what the situation is for absences, it wasn't a go at you. It is just super important that people have the right information, I deal with people everyday at work calling with misinformation about what they have read online about their CDS and they are stressed and worried so I do try to say so if I notice something not quite right. It is a really complicated subject, a few things have changed over time and there are lots of grey areas etc.

Of course they wont' make him leave even without the WA CDS he would be able to stay because of his son.
Harsh? I was simply annoyed at myself for posting misinformation and I certainly did not take your post as being a go at me. I am actually grateful that you posted the correct information.

·
Registered
1,233 Posts
thank you but there was, it was ME who was taking things the wrong way!
From what I can gather, you work very hard, have a family to support, and still try to help people on this forum. I take my hat off to you :) But hey, everyone needs to get some rest sometimes, and more so when you have had a sleepless night. I certainly hope you have been able to take it a bit easier today :)🙏

·
Registered
1,233 Posts
From what I can gather, you work very hard, have a family to support, and still try to help people on this forum. I take my hat off to you :) But hey, everyone needs to get some rest sometimes, and more so when you have had a sleepless night. I certainly hope you have been able to take it a bit easier today :)🙏
Edit: If you don't get some rest, you will end up not being able to do anything!

·
Registered
2,586 Posts
In clicky's case he was only here for 4 years before being away so this is therefore not allowable.
Still, surely they would not make Clickie leave if there is a shared care arrangement in place. I don't know, but it seems to me that would go against French norms in such cases. What a mess!
I put my application in yesterday, so fingers crossed.

Thanks to those who have helped - or are just worrying.:D

Received this email back this morning :

Monsieur

Votre demande de titre de séjour a été instruite par la préfecture. Elle porte le numéro suivant : * (numéro «###» à rappeler dans vos futures démarches).

Vous êtes invité(e) à prendre rendez-vous via notre site internet-1ère demande de titre de séjour pour finaliser votre démarche (prise d'empreintes biométriques et photographie).

Lors du rendez-vous, vous voudrez bien vous munir des originaux et copies des pièces jointes.

Cordialement

Looks like sending the documents online was a waste of time if they want to go over everything at the Prefecture.:rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,233 Posts
I put my application in yesterday, so fingers crossed.

Thanks to those who have helped - or are just worrying.:D

Received this email back this morning :

Monsieur

Votre demande de titre de séjour a été instruite par la préfecture. Elle porte le numéro suivant : * (numéro «###» à rappeler dans vos futures démarches).

Vous êtes invité(e) à prendre rendez-vous via notre site internet-1ère demande de titre de séjour pour finaliser votre démarche (prise d'empreintes biométriques et photographie).

Lors du rendez-vous, vous voudrez bien vous munir des originaux et copies des pièces jointes.

Cordialement

Looks like sending the documents online was a waste of time if they want to go over everything at the Prefecture.:rolleyes:
I think you have misunderstood the message. They say your request has been examined and ask you to make an appointment on their internet site to finalise the steps (fingerprinting and biometric photograph). At the time of the appointment you should take with you the originals and the copies of the attached documents (hard to say what those are, but you can take a copy of everything to be on the safe side, though when you make the appointment you will likely get a response that clarifies that).

·
Registered
2,586 Posts
I think you have misunderstood the message. They say your request has been examined and ask you to make an appointment on their internet site to finalise the steps (fingerprinting and biometric photograph). At the time of the appointment you should take with you the originals and the copies of the attached documents (hard to say what those are, but you can take a copy of everything to be on the safe side, though when you make the appointment you will likely get a response that clarifies that).
Ok, thanks.

The attached documents were the ones I sent (Kbis, Leccy bill).

Can't do anything at the moment as I'm still sporting a lockdown hair style & winter beard (think Jim Royle).

·
Registered
1,233 Posts
Ok, thanks.

The attached documents were the ones I sent (Kbis, Leccy bill).

Can't do anything at the moment as I'm still sporting a lockdown hair style & winter beard (think Jim Royle).
I think you are experiencing horrendous weather anyway? Keep warm (apparently, according to the Institut Pasteur, if the weather is close to freezing - i.e 5 deg and dry, or below freezing? that helps slow the spread of the virus so it might be safe to go have a haircut - who knows?).

·
Registered
2,586 Posts
I think you are experiencing horrendous weather anyway? Keep warm (apparently, according to the Institut Pasteur, if the weather is close to freezing - i.e 5 deg and dry, or below freezing? that helps slow the spread of the virus so it might be safe to go have a haircut - who knows?).
It's close to Minus 7 at the minute. :eek:

I'm expecting hypothermia to get me first. Probably an 'all nighter' feeding the log burner & sleeping in woolly hat and scarf.

What was it that Old Guy in a Caravan was saying about being fed up? ❄❄⛄❄❄

·
Registered
1,233 Posts
You do realise that lots of Brits on this forum are going to be jealous that you got such a speedy response, though it would of course be because there are very few Brits in your area.

41 - 60 of 79 Posts