Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

21 - 40 of 79 Posts

·
Registered
2,584 Posts
No, this card is "automatic" if you are a UK citizen resident in France before Dec31 2020 (with differences if you've been in France more than 5 years). It's part of the withdrawal agreement guaranteeing citizens' rights. You just need to provide a miniumum of proof that you are in that category. The application process is very straightforward.

Edit: perhaps if the proof of address or residence is a bit flaky, they might check it more thoroughly. But the evidence they ask for seems pretty flexible, and would be available to most residents as long as they have been here for a while and not living below the radar. Would be more challenging for the recent arrivals.
Thanks.

Do I need to produce any income details?

That was pretty 'thin' in 2019 and non-existent in covid 2020. :eek:

I think the address details will be ok. Junior is in the local school & I have 2 years impots but not much to show on them.

·
Registered
5,909 Posts
I applied in early December, not had a response. Followed up with an email quoting the reference number I received on application, never received an email but the site generated a ref number. No response to the follow up email either. Getting a little concerned.
I applied in late November and it needs picking up early Feb.

There is no need to worry.

·
Registered
502 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
Thanks.

I think the address details will be ok. Junior is in the local school & I have 2 years impots but not much to show on them.
Take a look at this site (https://contacts-demarches.interieur.gouv.fr/brexit/brexit-demande-titre-sejour/) which is the first page of the application process (English version if you click the Union flag at the bottom of the page). In particular, this link (pdf) is to a flowchart showing what documents you need to have. Every person in the household over-18 needs their own card. I don't know what happens for children under 18, who are exempt from the obligation to hold a residence permit. There is an FAQ which - if I understand it - says young adults need to apply for themselves between their 18th and 19th birthdays. I think it would be wise to research exactly what under-18s need to do now and in the future.

·
Registered
44 Posts
FWIW my timeline was:
  • applied online 20 October
  • notification that it was approved arrived 3 December
  • RDV to do the fingerprinting, hand over photos etc 4 December
( the man behind the window said the card would take "a month or two" to arrive)
- card arrived in the post last week.

But two words of caution: each Préfecture works in its own way, so I don't think this can be generalised much; and I applied pretty much as soon as the website opened and I guess the rate has slowed down with extra demand since October.
Hi Rob,
ok, thanks. That's helpful. I was an idiot leaving it so late, I dunno, I sort of hoped that it would be delayed again due to covid. More fool me.

I applied here: https://contacts-demarches.interieur.gouv.fr/brexit/brexit-residence-permit-application/ but I just googled the local prefecture, Montpellier, and I think I will try directly with them here: Etrangers en situation irrégulière / Préfecture de Montpellier / Titres de séjour pour les étrangers / Démarches étrangers / Démarches administratives / Accueil - Les services de l'État dans l'Hérault

I don't really want to discuss with my employer until I get this fixed, due to these uncertain times. Tis all a bit stressful.

Thanks again

·
Registered
44 Posts
Rob, don't worry about it and honestly I wouldn't waste your prefectures time, they are all struggling so much. They dont' need to have the paper back, it is a thing that would be signed by you and them if you collected from the prefecture. As a pp said the signature on the delivery is fine.

What department are you in? This is very normal for some departments, they have the 'no deal portal' applications to get through first and then starting in order from mid October, also adding in down time over christmas and NY. For most departments don't expect to hear anything for at least 6-8 weeks then it moves quite quickly. The main thing is that you got your inital confirmation email after applying. If you have that you are fine. If you don't then something went wrong and reapply (with a note in the comments box).
Hello,
That's the problem. I didn't get the confirmation email, just a reference number when I hit submit. I saved that and waited for the email and it didn't arrive. That's my stress point :(

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
I applied in early December, not had a response. Followed up with an email quoting the reference number I received on application, never received an email but the site generated a ref number. No response to the follow up email either. Getting a little concerned.
There is no need to worry, you have the reference number and now you just need to be a little patient. It's only 6 weeks or so since you applied and Prefectures are doing their utmost to deal with this very significant additional workload, albeit the WA CDS is a very simplified process. If there is an issue with your application, they will contact you. Prefectures will not respond to email or phone enquiries, at least not at this time.

You have no actual need for your CDS until October, but if you applied in December you will hear from your Prefecture well before then.

·
Registered
2,008 Posts
There are all sorts of small bags you can use, for women, for men - really, there are lots of solutions.
When I travel I always keep the important stuff (passport, etc.) in a pouch around my neck and underneath my shirt. I wouldn't dare keep such stuff in a pocket or a bag.

·
Registered
2,584 Posts
Take a look at this site (https://contacts-demarches.interieur.gouv.fr/brexit/brexit-demande-titre-sejour/) which is the first page of the application process (English version if you click the Union flag at the bottom of the page). In particular, this link (pdf) is to a flowchart showing what documents you need to have. Every person in the household over-18 needs their own card. I don't know what happens for children under 18, who are exempt from the obligation to hold a residence permit. There is an FAQ which - if I understand it - says young adults need to apply for themselves between their 18th and 19th birthdays. I think it would be wise to research exactly what under-18s need to do now and in the future.
Thanks again. I'll read through it this aft.

In my case I'm not worried about Junior as he is French.

Hi Rob,
ok, thanks. That's helpful. I was an idiot leaving it so late
You didn't leave it late.

We have until the end of June to apply.

·
Registered
502 Posts
Discussion Starter · #33 ·
Hello,
That's the problem. I didn't get the confirmation email, just a reference number when I hit submit. I saved that and waited for the email and it didn't arrive. That's my stress point :(
As others have said, the time delays are not out of the ordinary and you have got a reference number. I am sure that your application will have been sent to the Préfecture, because I'm sure it's all automated. That said, it's probably your email address they will use to let you know when to go to the prefecture to do the fingerprinting etc.

If you downloaded a PDF summary of your application can you check the email address is correct?

I received an email confirmation (subject line: ATTESTATION D'ENREGISTREMENT N° XX-XXXX) - have you done the obvious thing of checking in other email folders, such as junk mail, or newsletters or social media? Some of my mail turns up in very odd folders: the email provider seems to think my pension provider is a social network. Which, after a fashion, I suppose it is.

·
Registered
44 Posts
As others have said, the time delays are not out of the ordinary and you have got a reference number. I am sure that your application will have been sent to the Préfecture, because I'm sure it's all automated. That said, it's probably your email address they will use to let you know when to go to the prefecture to do the fingerprinting etc.

If you downloaded a PDF summary of your application can you check the email address is correct?

I received an email confirmation (subject line: ATTESTATION D'ENREGISTREMENT N° XX-XXXX) - have you done the obvious thing of checking in other email folders, such as junk mail, or newsletters or social media? Some of my mail turns up in very odd folders: the email provider seems to think my pension provider is a social network. Which, after a fashion, I suppose it is.
Hi again Rob,
I didn't get the email, that's the rub. I have a very old hotmail account, so I get spammed a lot and therefor have strong junk filtering on. I check my junk mail daily, almost compulsively now, but still no email, that's why I followed up with an email last week. If I had the acknowledgement email, then I understand that things can be clogged, so I would bide my time as many have said. My concern is that I never received that email.

I will give it another couple of weeks then follow up again.

Thanks for all the feedback and advice.

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
My post-Brexit CdS arrived by lettre recommandée, and I wonder if there is any further action to take. ..............
This question was asked on another forum. The answer from a Prefecture was that the two part paper is for when the CdS is collected in person at a Prefecture, so is not relevant if it is posted, so no need for you to do anything.

·
Registered
660 Posts
Thanks.

Clic-Clac, don't worry it is very straight forward. You've been here over 5 years haven't you?

·
Registered
2,584 Posts
Clic-Clac, don't worry it is very straight forward. You've been here over 5 years haven't you?
No, (actually yes, but with a break so I'm only in my third year). :cautious:

I'm not sure if this part will sink me :

If I am self employed in France (business man or liberal
profession)
Registration proof in the trade register or company
and trade register , or affiliation proof of the self
employed persons to the social security system.
Proof of effectiveness of the activity : turnover
declaration form, or takings and purchases book
, or
appointment report, or professional lease, or sales
contracts or service contracts, etc

I'll wait until I have my figures for 2020 and plead 'covid' as that has stopped my business in its tracks (along with Brexit at the minute).

·
Registered
274 Posts
I and OH applied on 30th October, both received acknowledgment emails with file number. In November I received a mail saying that my current CDS was valid until 2024 as shown below.

“Après examen approfondi de votre de demande, la préfecture a décidé de procéder au classement sans suite de cette dernière.
En effet, vous détenez un titre valide jusqu'au 27/01/2024.”

Hubby received a mail 2 weeks ago asking for further proof of his being cojoint in my micro enterprise which was duly sent. Today he has received his invite for fingerprinting etc. He will take copies of my emails with him to ask what I need to do to get the new CDS.

Very odd!

·
Registered
660 Posts
No, (actually yes, but with a break so I'm only in my third year).
We need to look carefully at your dates, I'll send you a PM as there are allowances for being out of the country for up to 5 years and probably all a bit detailed and personal info for an open forum. I'll send you a PM after i take the small boy for a bike ride before he sends me mad (another teachers strike today - and no I did NOT remember before getting to the carpark (empty) for the bus!! :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:).

21 - 40 of 79 Posts